Buying Green Power From the Grid

1 Posts
Feb 4, 2008 04:17 am
Buying Green Power From the Grid

Most of us know the validity of using renewable energy. With less impact on the environment and an endless supply to tap into, renewable energy also known as Green Power makes sense.

Green power is available to all of us. Some of us find our own ways of harnessing the natural energy of the Sun whether that is thought photovoltaic, wind, tidal or geothermal power. The great majority of us however get our energy from the power grid.

Many communities around the country are increasing their development of sustainable energy. The utility companies are now offering ways that corporations and individuals can purchase blocks of green power though their monthly utility bill. By purchasing green power this way it helps to indicate public demand. This is also a great way to get started in becoming green and supporting the development of future green power projects. To find out if you can buy green power in your state check out www.alternativeenergysource.org Buying Green Power.

Mar 24, 2008 11:15 am
Re: Buying Green Power From the Grid

im an advocate of green power,but i dont agree with buying green power blocks....its a scam. lets say i buy green power from the utility company....i pay more per kw than what everyone else does  , all i would be doing is helping the utility buy the equipment that they need while everyone else pays the same low price.i think if everyone that could ,would do a sellback,those people with lower incomes could afford electricity better because the electric would be able to reduce their prodution cost

Mar 28, 2008 06:28 pm
Re: Buying Green Power From the Grid

im an advocate of green power,but i dont agree with buying green power blocks....its a scam. lets say i buy green power from the utility company....i pay more per kw than what everyone else does  , all i would be doing is helping the utility buy the equipment that they need while everyone else pays the same low price.i think if everyone that could ,would do a sellback,those people with lower incomes could afford electricity better because the electric would be able to reduce their prodution cost

You make a great point. It is better for te environment to buy the green power, but the cost to you is not good. The purpose of green power is to reduce greenhouse gases and reduce your cost. Buying the green power is just another way that the utility companies are trying to rip off their consumers just because they can!

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!