unisolar apparently discontinues framed modules including 64

578 Posts
Jan 10, 2008 04:46 pm
unisolar apparently discontinues framed modules including 64

We have heard from suppliers that unisolar will be discontinuing framed modules including the 64w and eco-series 62w modules. 

many folks have these installed in their systems and they are wildly popular.  if you have an existing array or were interested in one of these, you may want to act sooner than later to source one, whether from us or somewhere else. 

our supply as well as the supply at north american suppliers is either gone or running low.

if anybody know more details regarding the issue or can find a press release link, that would be great if you could post.

cheers,

james
Alt-E staff

AltE
"Making Renewable Do-able"
http://www.altEstore.com/

Tel: 877.878.4060 x107  or +1.978.562.5858 x107
Fax: 877.242.6718  or +1.978.562.5854

26 Posts
Feb 17, 2008 10:33 pm
Re: unisolar apparently discontinues framed modules including 64

James
 I was very curious on what was going on ,as I found it hard to locate some to finish my small array. However they were found, at a very good price.

Also was noticing that many sites visited online were not listing them anymore. Mine are working tremendously and I am very satisfied.

Thank you Alternative energy store, for your help in getting my system together.
« Last Edit: Feb 17, 2008 10:38 pm by Robert Clay »

578 Posts
Feb 18, 2008 10:19 am

hey,you're welcome.  we were astonished that they killed such a beloved product.  to find them now it is a wild goose chase through folks who dont yet know, or have a pile in a warehouse.  the 62, 5, and 11 are still available, but 64 have been unobtainable to us Sad

james
Alt-E staff

AltE
"Making Renewable Do-able"
http://www.altEstore.com/

Tel: 877.878.4060 x107  or +1.978.562.5858 x107
Fax: 877.242.6718  or +1.978.562.5854

26 Posts
Feb 18, 2008 11:20 am

I called Unisolar today but only getting voice mailboxes.
As soon as they give me a holler back (hopefully)
We will let you know.

The last two panels obtained were off Ebay Express from an individual named "Digitallimits".
Must say, the man was excellent with the whole deal.
but they were the only two available at the time on an Ebay search.Think i searched the whole web on availability that day.

Very nice of you James, to let people know whats going on
and pretty timely .
 Thanks

26 Posts
Feb 23, 2008 06:03 am

Hello Again

Apparently Unisolar does not return phone calls .
For some reason, it seemed that would be the case when i called.

Anyway, My guess is they are going to stop making panels with junction boxes due to the new ul/nec code.Which i am led to believe goes for any panel 60w or larger. New code they need the MC connectors.If somebody has a copy of the new code in may be in there.

This is all assumption.
 Rob

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!