prosine 3.0 remote necessary?

Dec 15, 2007 04:09 pm
prosine 3.0 remote necessary?

Some one gave me a prosine 3.0 but no remote. Will it work with out the remote? They come with the remote but I only saw the remote for the 3.0+ in your product listing. I have a freedom 20 now on my boat but I don't suppose the link 2000 will work with it. Amy thoughts anyone? Thanks, bill

SN 21270366

I tried it without the remote today Sun. and it charged but did not invert. When I switch from "bypass" to "on" it comes on for about 3 seconds (fans come on). I am really tempted to plug the link 2000 phone cable into the prosine but am afraid of burning something up. The bypass switch works. Ac flows through as long as I have AC on the input. The charger works in any position of the "bypass-on" switch.
« Last Edit: Dec 16, 2007 05:30 pm by william isherwood »

578 Posts
Dec 17, 2007 10:41 am
Re: prosine 3.0 remote necessary?

the charger should work in either position of the bypass.  the inverter will not work from batteries if the bypass is engaged.  that would mean that you are bypassing the batteries to have your ac charging source also run your loads from the inverter. 

as far as the part, i dont see it listed as a separate item.

here is the phone number for xantrex 800-670-0707.
there tech support is generally good, but it make take 15 min to get a person. they are on pacific time.

dont do anything rash, wait until you here from them.  if the part exists, get the number and we can special order it for you.

james
Alt-E staff

AltE
"Making Renewable Do-able"
http://www.altEstore.com/

Tel: 877.878.4060 x107  or +1.978.562.5858 x107
Fax: 877.242.6718  or +1.978.562.5854

Dec 17, 2007 11:12 am

thanks for your insight. So you think the inverter will work even without the remote? I sent 2 email to xantrex customer support Sat. I hope it (invert mode) won't work without the remote otherwise I just have a back-up charger. Maybe it has internal fuses like the true charge 40+. I am in the Bahamas in a small boat so it would be difficult to send to xantrex for service.

Dec 18, 2007 05:00 pm

Thanks. I'd sent 2 customer service emails and some one from India answered 1 of them. He did not read my question or ignored it and said they come with remotes. I then called customer support at the number you and got an American who said it would charge but not invert with out the control panel. The $62.50 remote (449-0042) is out of stock till April. So I have to wait and save my pennys for the ASC remote unless Bush takes my SS check for his financial gov. follies.

578 Posts
Dec 18, 2007 06:22 pm

i think part number 808-3025 might work as well, but i am showing that at around $250.  part description xantrex prosine acs remote panel 3.0. 

just sharing what i found from digging around for you.

- james
Alt-E staff

AltE
"Making Renewable Do-able"
http://www.altEstore.com/

Tel: 877.878.4060 x107  or +1.978.562.5858 x107
Fax: 877.242.6718  or +1.978.562.5854

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!