36V soalr panels, charge controller with 12V out?

1 Posts
Oct 22, 2007 11:34 am
36V soalr panels, charge controller with 12V out?

I have 3 USED and broken 36V panels in parallel that still output 2-5A total power that I got free.  Most of my internal systems run on 12V.  I am trying to come up with a reasonable cost charging solution and use.

Since I have the 36V at what we will assume is 3A.  I have not purchased anything YET and am looking at my options.

Most things I use can use 12V easily.  But 36V is tough,  I can buffer the 36V into a regular 12V battery if I run it and pay attention to it, but I would like a more efficient better use solution.

I was thinking of getting a 36V charge controller.
I was thinking of getting 3x 12V batteries for 36V, 12AH.
I was thinking of getting a 36V to 12V DC-DC converter.

For a small system though, is this the best solution?  Is there a charge controller for 36V with the DC step down to 12V one unit cheap that can do it in one step?

Cost for the reasonable solution?  I was hoping it should cost less then $200, without the batteries.  But cheaper is better since these panels were near free to start with.

I would love to hear all thoughts and reasonable suggestions?

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!