Solar powered quadracycle

1 Posts
Sep 20, 2007 09:33 am
Solar powered quadracycle

I was dissabled in a very bad Motorcycle accident about 5 years ago and I think I will not recover any more so I cannot work for anyone, bad head injury but I can still get around. 

I would like to build a solar-powered trike that can carry two people and a dog. I think it needs about 1/2 HP to 1 HP motor with foot-cranks to help it along. So I would guess that I need about 800 to 1000 watts of power for the bike to power itself on the level.  I want it to recharge it's battery from solar cells while parked. I need the solar panels. Everything else is planned already and I have already.

I know I can build it but paying for is a problem since I became disabled and cannot work so income is none.
If someone can help me I would be glad to write about it and/or report on the progress. I plan a 350 mile trip from Salt Lake City, Utah to Nampa, Idaho in the near future
So if you have any solar panels you can't use, rather than discard them if they still work, please send them to me at:

Dwight Waller
1105 Raymond Road
Fruit Heights, UT 84037

Or email me on how I can get them in any way, even government surplus if you know of any.  My email is:

djw46 @ att.net

I want it to run on 12 volt batteries, I think.  I would use four of them since I already have a 48 volt DC motor.

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!