battery charging, rest or not to rest?

Aug 29, 2007 01:11 pm
battery charging, rest or not to rest?

I'm on a boat. 4ea. t-105 Trojan batteries. 2ea. in series to battery switch that has 1, 2, both or off. Should I run both sets in parallel for 450 amp capacity or alternate using 1 set 1 day and 1 the next, 225 amp hrs each.
I use 50 amp hrs overnight and maybe 60 during the day.
I have 5 solar panels with about 22 amps total output. I have a C-40 Xantrex/Trace controller that goes into float about mid afternoon. Also a Freedom 20 with Link 2000 to a 2000 watt Honda generator for cloudy days.

Do those pulse devices really work? I had one on my Rolls l-16 type batteries and got a bad cell after 3 years. With my usage what would be the correct equalizing schedual
I'm in the Bahamas with lots of sun. Thanks for any comments

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!