Plastic panels

3 Posts
Aug 14, 2007 01:24 pm
Plastic panels

Am searching for 4x8 or 2x8 plastic panels that have the 1/2" channels down thru two sheets of plastic. For a better description would be 48, 1/2" sq. tubes glued side by side, to equal 24 inches wide and then 8 foot long. I will use this as the window of a black chamber to collect the sun and transfer the heat up into the house.

163 Posts
Aug 14, 2007 06:28 pm
Re: Plastic panels

Frank,

I don't know how well plastic would hold up over a long period, but sheets similar to what you are looking for, and made of more durable polypropylene or polycarbonate are now being used as material for hurricane shutters. Hardware stores anywhere along the coast should be able to source them for you. If you live elsewhere then you can start here:
http://www.floridahurricanesystems.com/

3 Posts
Aug 15, 2007 08:35 am

I have noticed that Lowe's and maybe Wal-Mart uses them for their garden center roofing. Makes a great semi-insulated ceiling. But they don't know where they come from either. 

3 Posts
Aug 15, 2007 08:40 am

I have noticed that Lowe's and maybe Wal-Mart uses them for their garden center roofing. Makes a great semi-insulated ceiling. But they don't know where they come from either. 
BTW, I live in Kansas City, not much in the way of hurricane materials. We do have a shortage of plywood when one does hit, though.

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!