Technical Discussion: Other

Have a technical RE question that doesn't fit in our other categories? Looking for some specific advice from others in the RE community? Ask it here!

topics

Subject Started by Replies

BZ Products MPPT500 step down voltage

I bought a BZ Products MPPT500 charge controller recently, and it is out in the yard undergoing tests with the PV arrays that I ...
Victor Cozart 14

Battery State of Charge

Most of the 12volts inverter cutout the battery at 10.5volts to prevent over discharging.   Based on the battery st...
Usman Kazaure Abdullahi 14

Controller fuse burns

I have an off-grid system. Two 103W (104?)Evergreen panels, each running to its own Condumex (i live in Mexico) controller. Duri...
George Anna clark 14

Max Lead Acid Discharge Current.

I'm planning a solar power system for our weekend cabin and have a question regarding discharge current.  I have a Pro...
Jerry Wenzel 14

Wind Turbine wire size

I just got a 150W wind turbine and I think I need to use 10 ga stranded wire. I am going 50 ft total.I have a 12v system but tha...
Max Schulte 14

How can a 48 volt dc generator be used to charge 24 volt battery bank?

I have a 48 volt dc generator 5.5 kw. Also have 2 24 volt inverters. Have 2 mx 60 charge controlers for my solar panels. Is ther...
Victor Snodgrass 14

Impact of Solar Panel Orientation

I am looking for some advice regarding the impact of solar panel orientation and its impact on power generation.  Just to g...
Davin T 15

Off Grid 1000w isolated circuit - need advice

Hello all, And please forgive my newbie terminology and question, but I'm hoping someone can do two things. &#...
Keith Birchfield 15

Using Ultra Capacitors To Extend Battery Life

I ran across an article in my travels (see link below) detailing the use of ultra capacitors in forklifts to extend the battery ...
Travis A 15

Ice free water

I'm new to solar energy experimentation.  I would like to make a small system to keep my horse's water warm this ...
Andrea Christenot 15

Cadmium Teluride Solar Panels

Cadmium Teluride Solar Panels - Does anyone know where I can get CdTe Solar Panels?  I found a company that has them, b...
Jack Spamless 15

Wind System

Hello, I'm building on a hilltop with nearly constant class 3 wind. I would like to install the whisper 500 on a 6...
Richard Northrop 15

Learning and rethinking my cabin power system

I’ve been learning a lot on the forums.  I’ve been asking questions regarding a cabin with a 2000W inverter system and ...
Jerry Wenzel 15

Connecting batteries up

Here's what I have, 5 x 110Ah batteries connected plus to plus and minus to minus - keeping the bank at 12V. &...
Steve M 16

Specific Gravity - are my batteries charged or not?

Still learning my system: I have 2x 6 volt 400Amp hour Rolls/Surrette deep cycle batteries. Unfortunately, they stood unused for...
Sally Errey 16

Batteries

I have 8 12V batteries parallelled togather with 105 amp hrs each. They are marine deep cycle batteries which I understand are n...
David Szymas 16

Low Battery Cut Out Limits

I have an Xantrex XW 4548 Inverter Charger and I am using a 48 volt battery bank. I noticed that the default value for the Low B...
Ray Westbrook 16

Off-Grid Solar Project - 2KW+ - Request for Feedback

Off-Grid Solar Project Harbor Freight – Part# 90599 Maximum current, 3000 mA. 15 watts max per panel. Pea...
Jack Spamless 16

DX-R-10 Drainback system efficiency questions

Does anyone have experience with one of these systems?  I would like to discuss this system with other folks who have simil...
Jason Dowdoe 18

XW Auto Generator Start and Centurion 8kw Generator

Trying to get clarity if the Centurion 8kw generator has the start/shut-down functionality needed  to interface with the XW...
Harold Jobe 18

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!