Technical Discussion: Other

Have a technical RE question that doesn't fit in our other categories? Looking for some specific advice from others in the RE community? Ask it here!

topics

Subject Started by Replies

Windpower

Hi everyone, I live in bonnie scotland (more wind than sun) and i'd like to build a wind turbine. Hugh piggott's site is great i...
simon Hill 2

how to reduce wire size form pv to house

i just bought 5 ec-110 panels 12v 3.42a/ 24v 6.84aand wish to hook them up to a 12v system i have some 6v interstate work horse ...
tractors nmore 2

US64 Solar Panels & Trace SW4020

Completely new to solar please excuse my novice questions. I was given 4 new US64 panels and a Trace SW4020. Have a large flat ...
Scott Vanover 4

DR3624 configuration

LAST EDITED ON Jul-24-04 AT 04:02 PM (EST)Is it possible to disable the bypass relay on the DR series inverters, and if so,...
Curtiss Lonsbury 4

charging battery

can any one tell me approximately the time it would take to charge a 12 volt battery using a 5 watt solar panel? thanks
denis farrmer 1

6 blade conversion for the 403

i lived in arizona and used the 403 for 1 year i was not as happy with it's performance as i expected i would be ,it was ...
j scott 3

Bypass Diodes / Do I need them?

The Solar Panel Manufacturer states the following in their documentation "It is recommended that Bypass Diodes be installed, esp...
Chris_H 2

circuit protection of small solar system

I have a solar panel, MorningStar regulator, battery, and inverter in order to run a cash register and scale. Where do I need to...
ann greig 3

Last-Ditch Gel Cell Fix....

Hello All...Often, I have found that "Maintenance-Free" really means "No Maintenance Allowed--go buy another one", and that "Her...
J. Chris Cloud 1

Maximum number of PV module

LAST EDITED ON May-30-04 AT 08:38 AM (EST)Knowing that the Sharp 175W-R5EIU has; Isc of 5.55 Ipm of 4.95 also that the Outb...
Thomas Allen Schmidt 1

charge controller with Ametek permanent magnet motor

Hello,I am putting together a microhydro system using a 20V Ametek permanent magnet motor with a waterwheel. I need a charge con...
joe wood 0

panel size

Im installing an attic fan,drawing 2.8 AMPS AT 120 VOLTS,im not sure what size panel to use.Also,can i expect to run this fan al...
richard matthews 3

battery charging set-up

I have an a-frame pop up camper, live in CO and am interested in a solar battery charging set-up.  I'm looking at the Uniso...
Cheryle Sullivan 2

diodes

I'm using a trace C40 controller so I don't need to use diodes on paniels but decided not to remove them. How does this af...
Ernie Smith 2

Need help with Solar water heating,Collectors

Hello I live near Canada where we get -30 during winter. I have A indirect hot water heater,in conjunction with home hot w...
Chuck Smith 1

Ohm's Law

http://www-gap.des.st-and.ac.uk/~history/Mathematicians/Ohm.html
Thomas Allen Schmidt 1

I'm just getting started and could use some advice.

I'm building a shed in my back yard and would like to experiment by powering it with solar. I'm looking for a simple configurati...
Mike Vettori 6

Building a new home in Ariel, WA - need spec recommendations

I am building a home in Ariel WA where we have sun January through October. I need help designing the system. The home is 3600 s...
Donald Clifford 3

windpower generators

I am looking for the best price on a new complete package windmill that will produce app.400,000 kw a year in an ar...
Dave Graybeal 0

Solar Panels

We have 8 large (4'X 8') solar panels on our roof.  They are not in use now.  We believe that they were original to th...
S. Redfield 1

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!