Technical Discussion: Other

Have a technical RE question that doesn't fit in our other categories? Looking for some specific advice from others in the RE community? Ask it here!

topics

Subject Started by Replies

Line loss/resistance over distance

I have a need to install my PV panels about 200 feet from my inverter/main panel.  My concern is about voltage loss due to ...
Jeff Butera 9

Is charge controller available for 120V DC system?

Hi all, My system voltage for the Solar PV sytem is 120V. I chose this voltage because of the inverter which h...
Tech Guy 9

problems with onan microquiet lp generator

I recently purchased an onan microquiet 3600 watt generator.  I have a trace 1500w inverter with battery charger.  My ...
Steve Danielovich 9

More than 4 12v batteries in a Bank?

What prevents me from connecting more than 4 12v batteries, in one 12v bank? I currently have 4 12v, in a 12v bank, and...
Keith Birchfield 9

Showing voltage over disconnect breaker when off?

Shouldn't I be showing an "open" when measuring the voltage when the disconnect breaker is off?    I h...
Ann Byers 10

Grid Tie Inverters

The Gt 3.0 and Gt 3.3 Inverters have a built in Ac/DC disconnect,is an additional disconnect usually install at the the panels a...
Scott Stevens 10

Bang Bang Bang goes my solar hot water heater

When the sun is shinning bright and the panels are a cooking, the pipes in the solar hot water system start to bang. It...
Jim Patera 10

House clocks losing time...

Having a weird thing happen. Running Xantrex XW6048, finding that certain clocks in the house are losing time. Not flashing out ...
Chris Potts 10

solar angle

I am repositioning my panels and would like to set them at the proper angle for DECEMBER 21 2008,I guess that would be my best b...
Rene M 10

Help Selecting a Solar Water Pump Solution

Seeking suggested configurations, concerns & mitigations regarding the below solar water pump application. Need to ...
Matt Chambers 10

trojan batteries

I started with two L16h 420 ah trojan batteries. they were used for lights, small radio, small computer. About seven months late...
Ray Grose 10

Power Inverter Faults, what am I doing wrong?

Ok, Im new to this.  I have a 53 Watt panel and the Open Circuit Voltage is 20 volts, the Voltage at max power is 14.5...
Mike Billat 10

micro turbine

Conceptually, would it be possible/economical to generate electricity from a large irrigation system.I have a 3" water main (pur...
Steve Rhodes 10

AC amps - DC amps

Hello all, I've been trying to wrap my head around a couple of things lately and was hoping someone could shed som...
Dave C 10

Minimum string size for Solectria 3000w grid-tie inverter?

Hi all, I'm starting off relatively small and and have had my Solectria 3000w grid-tie inverter hooked up. Recentl...
Tracy N 10

Intertie question

Hi there I'm a newbie so I'm sorry if these seem like dumb questions. I've been researching installing a grid intertie system fo...
charles Lyle 10

Help!!!! Wire crimping or soldering?

OK....I'm starting to wire the DC box BUT...the Outback breakers have nuts on them and it looks like I"ll either have ...
Ann Byers 10

watt meter for DC

i'm starting a full 12V DC solar system and looking for a 12V DC power meter.  seems the kill-a-watt, only works with ...
Ryan Libre 10

Energy draw switch

I own a small island in Canada that isn't connected to the grid. About 3 years ago we got our first renewable power, a simp...
Steven Messer 11

Sizing and designing vineyard irrigation system

I have the beginnings of a solar system to run irrigation for a vineyard at a remote site in Sonoma County. I have 2 100 watt pa...
Peter Young 11

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!