Technical Discussion: Other

Have a technical RE question that doesn't fit in our other categories? Looking for some specific advice from others in the RE community? Ask it here!

topics

Subject Started by Replies

fusing parallel battery strings

My PV system, (will be up an running in two weeks), has a battery bank of 4 parallel battery pairs.  I have heard that thes...
James J 1

wattage, voltage, charge controllers oh my!

Just tried to set up a Sunfilm 1200 (1.2 amp) flexable pv panel to charge 12 V batteries on a small sailboat. The contacts from ...
Gary Barney 1

Multiple MPPT loads for PV panel -- bad idea?

Hi all, I am designing a solar heating system for a hot tub and I am contemplating using a 135W PV panel with two ...
Alice Reinheimer 4

Solar Panel Maintenance

What is the proper method of cleaning solar panels?
John Siebenaler 4

Solar Power for Florida Island

Folks, I have an island on central FL gulf coast w/ no access to utilities.  I'm building a small (1,200 sq ft) st...
George Foster 5

AGM batteries - Life Expectancy

Ok, everytime I ask how long batteries should last, I get the "it depends" answer So here's a hypotheti...
Patrick Guenette 12

need advice for a secondhand solar panel that draws 18-19v without a load

Hello all.  I have a secondhand solar panel that draws 18-19v without a load.  I don't know the amperage, but can...
Tod Emko 9

Stacked Xantrex 3624 inverters

I need help i have a stacked pair of 3624 inverters connected to 12 2ks 33ps 2 volt batteries the problem that i am having is th...
Ian Sealy 2

Help Needed Please

Hi there, we are relatively new to RE, and wondered if anyone could advise on the following problem we are experiencing. ...
Janet Gregory 5

doing research

I am a novice at this stuff and am looking for any advice out there. I live in Mexico, and may soon be living in a small village...
Joshua Allen 4

Solar recirculating pump system for solar pool heater.

I am new to solar, but I want to put together a system that will circulate water out of and into my pool.  I have made some sol...
Dan Busse 3

Grounding Exeltech inverter

I have a 24v PV system and am confused about grounding the Exeltech 1100 inverter.  The AC neutral, ground and chassis are ...
James J 3

Cadmium Teluride Solar Panels

Cadmium Teluride Solar Panels - Does anyone know where I can get CdTe Solar Panels?  I found a company that has them, b...
Jack Spamless 15

120 volts Vs 220 volts

Could someone educate me on country voltage of 120volts or 220volts? Countries like USA,JAPAN use 120 volts while UK,Nigeria use...
Usman Kazaure Abdullahi 1

Wind Turbine wire size

I just got a 150W wind turbine and I think I need to use 10 ga stranded wire. I am going 50 ft total.I have a 12v system but tha...
Max Schulte 14

Solar for RV

I'm considering installing a solar system on a RV. I figure I use about 50ah a day. Our normal camping is from Friday after...
Ken Rabideau 26

What size Solar panel do I need to maintain unused 70 Amp Car battery in car?

It's in Seattle area which is not particulary sunny. The car is a 2001 VW Pasat and has the usual Alarm going all the t...
Douglas R 3

solar thermal drain down ? relief vlv / vacume brake

my question is i would think there would have to be some kind of vacume break at the top of the collector to be able to drain do...
David Leighow 7

MX-60 question

I have 6 Solarworld 175w panels currently connected in parallel to an MX-60. Each panel runs into an combiner box at the array, ...
Andy D 8

How to find the tilt factor for a given tilt angle

Hi all!!!! I want to find the radiation on a tilted module. to find that i need to multiply radiation on horizontal sur...
Tech Guy 3

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!