Technical Discussion: Solar Electric System - Photovoltaic

Share your questions and experience with others on off-grid and grid-tie solar electric systems. Our own NABCEP PV Certified installers also frequent this forum to lend a hand.

topics

Subject Started by Replies

Equalize Charge Using Direct Panel to Battery Connection

I decided that I wanted to equalize my battery today.  After doing some research about what voltage to do it at I decided t...
Travis A 1

Morningstar 10 amp charge controller overcharging?

I have been watching my voltages closely and I think my charge controller may be overcharging my battery.  I am seeing a vo...
Travis A 3

Battery Charging/Sizing Solar System (new to solar)

Hi all, I just got my first solar system all setup.  I bought a used 110 watt Mitsubishi solar panel and a morning sta...
Travis A 10

can the breakers in a Midnite Solar MNPV6 DISCO be switched individually?

Summary: Since installing the off-grid components in my garage, I've used a Midnite Solar MNPV6 to combine the PV modul...
Travis M 0

What are the overall dimensions of a pair of Xantrex inverters in the diagram?

(http://www.altestore.com/descfiles/trace/inverters/xw/XW_overview.jpg) I'd like to set up dual inverters as ...
Travis M 0

specific PV module / charge controller question

I have in mind to use Sanyo 32v PV modules, in series strings of 3, running through a C40 controller, set to 48v to charge a bat...
Travis M 4

Time to get serious designing my off-grid home solution

The first step was taking my garage / workshop off-grid.  With 4 Kyocera and 4 Mitsu 125w panels, and an Air-X wind generat...
Travis M 7

battery bank

im looking at a solar system for my house that comes with a  48V, 400 Ah AGM Battery bank  with a 8.2 kw array does th...
Wayne Kobe 3

Need help with RV charging system

I keep my RV in a building without any power.  I'd like to build a solar system that would consist of a single panel (...
William Brackman 5

strange phenomena is PV output

Hi, I have 16 sunpower 318 panels connected to sma smc5000a (inTL) inverter (2 strings of 8 panels each). Each panel has...
Yonatan Yonatan 1

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!