RE General Discussion

Feel free to talk about anything and everything about renewable energy in this board. From reasons for using alternative energy to general questions on types of systems are right for your needs.

topics

Subject Started by Replies

Power Smart Pricing

My electric utility company now has a real-time pricing program, and I've just enrolled.  A new meter will be installed, a...
John D 10

Sun tracking solar hot water system by Solar Resource International

I have a tracking system that just keeps sweeping back and forth. The company was out of Phoenix Arizona. Can I get parts or...
Bob Zaik 10

Swamp Cooler Conversion to 12 volt DC

I have a Swamp Cooler that I would like to power with Solar. It has a 115 volt, Approx 8-9 amp, 600-700 watt motor. Would it be ...
Chris Bonneau 11

Renewable City Generation

Do you think that in the future there might be ways devised to use low power production with a grid tied system for us city folk...
William Wurtz 11

How fast is your solar investment returns?

I was trying to find a calculator on the internet what can show me how fast is my system start making money. I have not found an...
Gergely Markolt 11

First RE System is Planned

Well, I'm ready to begin working toward my first system.  My plan calls for a 900W windturbine(already available to me...
Eric F 12

On demand hot water

Hello, I am building a off-grid home in upstate NY and need to install a propane on-demand hot water unit. Eventually I will...
Dave C 12

Solar Power Investment Opportunities

As Solar power continues to grow in popularity what Companies are best placed to profit from the growth ?
Pete Suttie 12

off to on grid

Hi, It seems that a person starting out should build an off grid system and then keep adding more panels until there is enou...
Tony Butterfield 13

Propane refrigerators

I have a cabin in isolated area of the Sierra Nevada's(off grid) and am looking to put in a propane refrigerator. I see sev...
Lonnie Work 13

Trying to Figure Out How to Get Started

Hi Alt E Forums, I've searched and called on solar consultants on and off over the last few months but get discour...
Andy Andy 13

Successful Systems

We are planning a new home and I would love to hear from those of you that have been successful in designing an Alt power system...
Steve Harris 14

Is PV economical in Mass?

Looking at some of the altE kits, and doing the math vs. National Grid's supply & delivery prices, it doesn't seem...
Michael Graber 15

Off grid or on grid

I am building a new house and it is near the grid in the country (3 poles out)...my question is, if you are close to the grid is...
Andrew Halassy 16

Anti-Gravity device. (serious question)

Is a boat or a float an earth-bound anti-gravity device? (I should add "warm weather" to earth-bound)Also, is a float ...
Hilton CM 16

function of a voltage regulator

If I place a voltage regulator between a micro-hydro generator and a battery bank, does the regulator lower the voltage and supp...
Roger Leslie 17

What is energy?

What is energy? According to Physics theory, energy is defined as the amount of work that can be carried out by a force. Energy ...
Gina Roberts 17

Multiple off grid systems

Hello again I'm working on a project to build a off grid vacation complex. The complex will be 15 cabanas. My big ...
Carlos Settle 18

Power needed for remote wireless signal repeater

I need to provide power for a remote wireless antenna setup and am completely new at this. Here's what I know and think I n...
Eric Fletcher 18

Revolutionary Non-Fuel Electric Engine - NEW - Recorded with U.S. Govt.

I know this sounds wild, but I have all the U. S. Government documentation, prototype production photos, Copyright Certificates ...
Harold Carter 19

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!