RE General Discussion

Feel free to talk about anything and everything about renewable energy in this board. From reasons for using alternative energy to general questions on types of systems are right for your needs.

topics

Subject Started by Replies

Charge rechargable batteries from non-rechargable batteries

I work with video where I must always start with a fresh battery to shoot events. I've gone to rechargeable's...
Stephen Zinn 1

charging a digit camera on bicycle

It seems difficult to recharge our digital camera battery charger from a flexible solar panel.  It looks like there are lig...
chris blanchard 2

Charging batteries

Hello, I recently went live with my system and have a battery question. My system consists of 12 BPSX3200 modules wired 3 st...
Timothy Karl 1

Chef Boyardee

Chances are a lot of you have heard of that name before. What I would like to know is the name of the guy or gal that had t...
Thomas Allen Schmidt 0

China Solar Water Heater Market

Special ReportOct. 16, 2002Secrets Behind the Solar Industry Prosperity in ChinaOn Sept. 24, Prof. Zhang Qichu of Sydney Univers...
Minghua Chen 0

Chinese PV panels

Hello out there! Are there any Canadians here? For our U.S. friends, we have fewer choices up here when it comes to alternative ...
Paul Hearsey 0

Chinese Solar panels

I have an opportunity to purchase 180watt, 24 volt, UL approved Monocrystalline Solar Panels made in China for $4 a watt includi...
Paul St.pierre 2

Choosing an inverter

I am looking to buy an inverter which could plug into the wall (using utility power) and can also connect a battery for backup. ...
Sorbari A 4

Choosing the best solar panel

I am in the process of picking pv panels for producing most of my own electricity (approx 88%). I am getting a number of differe...
Andrew Morris 6

CO2 Emmisons from household gabage

What is the lesser of two evils?  I live in a rural area where burning your trash is OK.  So what is the lesser of two...
Toni & Greg B 4

Code compliant PV systems

If you would like to know more about the National Electrical Code or NEC concerning Article 690 Photovoltaics, here is a great s...
Thomas Allen Schmidt 1

Collecting Rain Water

A friend of mine who lives off grid is replacing his current mobile home and building a 2000 sq ft house. The alternitive power ...
Arcandspark 0

composting toilet

Hello everyone,  I have a question.  My family and I are planning on moving into an RV in the next couple years, and I...
Mel anderson 1

Conservation Pays More With Inflation

When people start researching alternative energy and efficiency, they either start out with the intention of reducing their futu...
Thomas Anderson 10

Controller and system recommendation

Sailboat..12volt system, negative ground.  No current solar system.  Xantrex Freedom 20 battery charger/inverter with ...
Robert Jackson 5

conversion math

since i havn't found much interest in my previous post i will try another. i want to make sure that i'm on th...
Chris Ivers 2

converting natural gas appliances to propane

ok here is my dilema... im moving into a townhome that does not have natural gas connections and i HATE cooking with electric. q...
wayne granzin 1

CORN-BASED ETHANOL, THE CLEAN ENERGY MYTH

Corn-based Ethanol is bad for the environment and costs us more per gallon than gasoline.  Manufacturing corn-based ethanol als...
Tom Kramer 1

dc powered ceiling fan

hello, does any company make a dc powered fan that has a light on them? or can any of them be converted to have a light? thanks ...
Rickey Duncan 2

DC wind energy....AM I CRAZEY???

I am looking at building a wind turbine generator using manufactured turbine and blades mounted on a belt driven system of autom...
Chris Ivers 1

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!