Eric Heise's posts

Posted by Eric Heise on Jan 3, 2010 11:23 pm

#1 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: House clocks losing time...
start up generator let warm up 60 seconds read with volt ohm meter ac out put 120v should be close + = -
240v also close
switch to hertz on meter and should be close to 60 hz
if not shut off generator and check all connections,may have a bad one.

Posted by Eric Heise on Jul 22, 2009 06:08 pm

#2 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: exhaust venting solar shed with 48v 5 inch fan
thanks,I have a fuse block for all 48 volt stuff behind the 48 volt breaker on the inverter midnitesolar breaker panel.Agreed fuses are your friend, someone told me a telco fan assembly housing has a small 81 degree  and 105 degree themostat for 48 volt d.c. ,I'm hunting down the 81 degree job.no luck yet.I think they use the lower number in underground c.e.v huts and higher one in above ground cabinates.It sure is hard to find 48volt stuff.

Posted by Eric Heise on Jul 20, 2009 04:05 pm

#3 -  Renewable Energy > RE General Discussion > Re: Batteries
ANY start up A.E. system is better than none at all,just dont want you to have to redo any system,here is a good site to look at:

[Ed: Removed link to competitor's site]

Posted by Eric Heise on Jul 20, 2009 12:11 pm

#4 -  Renewable Energy > RE General Discussion > Re: Batteries
Deep Cycle FLA
Deep cycle FLA batteries are used in many different applications, such as aerial work platforms, floor machines, golf cars,
marine, RV, and renewable energy, providing ongoing power for the device, vehicle, or craft. These batteries are designed
to supply medium to low current over a long period of time to a much higher degree of depth of discharge. Furthermore,
deep cycle FLA batteries are designed to be cycled many more times than dual purpose batteries.(this was taken from Trojan web site) I think its better to go heavy than under build for battery life,where you can add rather than replace,I use 12 hawker 6vf11 gel batt string for a magnum  4448 with 4 175w bp solar panels(will add more later)

Posted by Eric Heise on Jul 19, 2009 11:15 am

#5 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > exhaust venting solar shed with 48v 5 inch fan
Hi,have sealed gel filled batteries(12) in a power shed and wanted to vent heat outside,wasn't happy with choices offered 12 cfm 48v on the market.found a 5 in 48 v 220 cfm fan I bolted to a toilet flange (stainless) and a 4 inch metal  dryer vent with flapper picked up at home depot and vents heat very well.However I cant seem to find a 48volt DC thermostat so its on all the time.only using 1/3 amp but why waste a fans life if you don't need to.Any one know where I can find a thermostat?T.I.A. Eric

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!