Dane Duttry's posts

Posted by Dane Duttry on Jun 11, 2007 03:28 pm

#1 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: Can I use BUS BARS to connect batteries -- NOT cables?
A#1  Yes go to your local scrap yard and buy a copper plate around 1/8 inch thick. It is very cheap there and some times you will see a dumpster there from a local company and inside will be cut outs or trimming from a press and it will almost be pefect size but you will need to cut for how long you want it.

A#2  1/8th inch

a#3  NO STEEL it will contaminate the lead posts on the battery when it rusts use the provided nuts on the batterys and if you need to use washers or lock washers use ONLY STAINLESS STEEL T-304

remember use grease on everything its messy but very practical and if you want to keep it from getting eaten away lead cote all the bus bars.

Feel free to ask qustions it may take a long time depending on what im doing. Right now testing hydrogen generator. joe cell & a corburator that is getting around well over 100 mpg. NOTE NONE IS FOR SALE ALL INFO IS FREE.

Posted by Dane Duttry on Jun 9, 2007 03:50 pm

#2 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: noise level of whisper 500 wind turbine
You cannot here them most of the time. It is just like its called a wisper.

Posted by Dane Duttry on Jun 9, 2007 03:47 pm

#3 -  Renewable Energy > RE General Discussion > Re: Will we be able to buy pracitcal electric vehicles soon?
Sorry but the goverment likes the tax they get out of the gasoline. when they come out with a car you were talking about. the exise tax will be to high for people to use the system .Ask a person who uses a car on propane on how much they pay for that little sticker on the corner of there windshield. Do not eat lunch befor you do.

Posted by Dane Duttry on Jun 9, 2007 03:42 pm

#4 -  AltE > Discussion > Re: What Voltage to use for battery bank
There is more pros than cons going to 24v. You can use smaller wires from panels to batterys and the inverter you get better amperage out of a 24v system.
On a large system you want to use a really high voltage like a sonnyboy inverter.

Posted by Dane Duttry on Jun 9, 2007 03:35 pm

#5 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: Can I use BUS BARS to connect batteries -- NOT cables?
Yes you can it is better then wires. use bearing grease befor and after installation of bar.
The downside. When replacing the battery you will need to remove the bus bar to do so. And not all golf cart batterys are the same. I use sections of bus bars just like wires but solid.
So when testing just one battery you do not have to remove all the nuts and the entire buss bar.
P.S. sorry for the bad spelling.
I have been running my house off solar for 7 years. With 42 golf cart batterys and it is a job on maitnance.
Never maitnance or work on or around batterys during charging or heavy use.
The amps seem to be endless when something goes wrong.
Fuses and safety is not stupidity. Use a lot of it you will live longer.

Posted by Dane Duttry on Jun 9, 2007 03:21 pm

#6 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: Solar Charger for Golf Cart
 Yes you can I have had a solar golf cart for 3 years now and there is nothing special about it. No converters. No inverters. No nothing. Just three 12 volt solar panels stacked just like the batteries and it will work. If you want pics of my golf cart just email me. As far as a mile a day may be pushing it a bit too far but at your homestead you can have another set of three panels that is stationary to plug into the cart while its sitting. But if you cannot maintaine being there all the time then you will need a charge controller.
There is other things you need to know like tires and wheels remove them and install skinny tires like what is used on boat trailers and inflate them to 45 p.s.i. unless you have a lot of sand or mud then stay with the original tires. but with boat tires your cart will go tree times the distance.

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!