Christopher Owens's posts

Posted by Christopher Owens on Nov 13, 2008 05:59 pm

#1 -  Renewable Energy > RE General Discussion > Re: What will replace oil wells-?
“Capping off those will destroy a very fascinating ecosystem.”

The “save our ecosystem” stuff is a bit overdone. These volcanic rifts that pour magma up into the ocean floor covers hundreds of thousands of miles, including active volcanoes as big as you can find in Hawaii. The area “disturbed” would amount to about 0.00001% of this ecosystem. I think a few crabs and worms would not be missed considering that there would still be millions undisturbed.

The world consumes about 85 million barrels of oil a day.

For the moment let’s set aside the amount of coal and natural gas we are consuming and just stick with oil.

I don’t have the numbers but maybe you do. What would be the surface area of the solar panels needed to produce that much energy-?

I am not being stubborn, I truly want you to convince me that things are ok and I just need to chill out. That is what I am hoping you can do.

Thomas

ok...maybe we should just put a thermal energy production plant on top of your home ...

Posted by Christopher Owens on Nov 4, 2008 04:50 pm

#2 -  Renewable Energy > For Sale > SW4048 for sale(THESE HAVE BEEN SOLD)
 I have 2 SW4048's for sale they are listed on ebay look for t00ls742 user i want to sell both also have the swi cable for series tieing and the dccb-l look at my profile on this website to see products http://gallery.altenergystore.com/d/53778-1/09-22-08_1307.jpg i will check this site every night if your interested and will give pricing

Posted by Christopher Owens on Sep 27, 2008 02:36 am

#3 -  AltE > Discussion > Re: Microhydro system /off grid
   your on the same thinking as me....heres the plan:3 1000 gallon tanks 2 hydro turbines...the first tank is filled full and sits at the top of the second tank water runs in constantly to second tank through turbine. the the first turbine only supplies power to house inverter. the second tank is at most always half full.the second tank sits at the top of the third tank the second hydro turbine only runs the pump that only pumps when the third tank is 1/3 full or 1/2 ...this is accomplished using a float switch the third tank pumps the water back to the first
   i dont have the funds to test this but would like to see it done

Posted by Christopher Owens on Mar 26, 2008 11:48 pm

#4 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: Overloading a gridtie inverter
simply adding a diversion load control shoud take care of overpower

quote from the c60 from trace
DC Diversion Mode
In this mode, all power, which is not used to maintain a full charge on the batteries, is diverted to a load dump such as water or space heaters. Diversion mode is used to regulate microhydro and wind turbine systems which need a constant load.

Posted by Christopher Owens on Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

#5 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > 6 panels 7a ea. 26v 48 volt bat bank 3 on 1 24v 3 on other
here my question: i have setup right now 2 sw4048 8 werker 31mdc batteries ,2 parallel going into a series (cross tied) to make 48 volts and currently 6 evergreen es 190w 3 strings of 2 each panel puts out [email protected] (really)and are fed to the batteries through a c40 controller....

heres what i want to do to maximize amps:run 3 panels in parallel to one 24v side of the 48 v bank and the other 3 in parallel to the other side 24 x 24 =48 if i use 2 charge controllers that would put 21a to each 24v side instead of 21 to the whole bank,would i need to put a diode in between the 2 sides
is this possible at all
keep in mind that im talking if all conditions were near perfect

Posted by Christopher Owens on Mar 24, 2008 11:15 am

#6 -  Renewable Energy > RE General Discussion > Re: Buying Green Power From the Grid
im an advocate of green power,but i dont agree with buying green power blocks....its a scam. lets say i buy green power from the utility company....i pay more per kw than what everyone else does  , all i would be doing is helping the utility buy the equipment that they need while everyone else pays the same low price.i think if everyone that could ,would do a sellback,those people with lower incomes could afford electricity better because the electric would be able to reduce their prodution cost

Posted by Christopher Owens on Mar 24, 2008 11:09 am

#7 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: Overloading a gridtie inverter
after calling xantrex about my own inverters (2 sw4048) about the software revisions,i asked what the gti's are for they do exactly the same thing your inverter already does,anti-islanding protection,but the gti interface  does it at  it about quarter of a second faster. the reason you might need it is to be in compliance with electric code in your state

Posted by Christopher Owens on Mar 22, 2008 11:49 pm

#8 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: Newbie needs help with getting started ASAP.
first...you need to give more details on your load requirements.second,in most if not all states,its law that the utility company has to pay you for excess electricity,either in the form of money,or a credit.but before you can put electricity in the grid,you have to get the utility companys permission.putting ac voltage in the grid without their knowledge is dangerous to linemen if they happen to be doing work on your lines

Posted by Christopher Owens on Mar 22, 2008 11:45 pm

#9 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: Overloading a gridtie inverter
first,if you have an sw 4024....you didn't need the gti. the sw series inverters have grid tie capability already. second..what kind of charge load controller are you using.and third...you need 2 separate charge load controllers for each different power source( paralleling them would burn one another up )

Posted by Christopher Owens on Mar 22, 2008 11:28 pm

#10 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: no batterys
 plan on doing grid tie ..you need batteries.if you are off grid completly,you can take the batteries out of the system,but you will need a load diversion.such as a dc water heater element,else you burn up your inverters if you produce too many amps and volts.you should be using a diversion load if your already using  batteries anyways,as your alternator or generator would burn up your system by constantly putting voltage in

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!