Chris Potts's posts

Posted by Chris Potts on Dec 30, 2009 10:07 pm

#1 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: House clocks losing time...
Sounds like you may have multiple issues, you should have someone familiar with the system operation take a look at it.

Yes, the clock issue is caused by generators that run at greater then 60hz. (And the power is bypassed by the inverter into load carry)

Other issue I am trying to work out with Xantrex support as around here the most knowledgeable is me. doh

Posted by Chris Potts on Dec 16, 2009 10:09 am

#2 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: House clocks losing time...
How can I tell if the output is 60Hz? Could it be happening when the generator kicks in and the invertor bypasses to load carry via the generator?

Speaking of generators, when mine is running and the XW6048 is set to assist the generator loads, anything over a 2000 watt draw and it kicks the generator out and carries the laod itself.

Posted by Chris Potts on Dec 14, 2009 11:28 pm

#3 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > House clocks losing time...
Having a weird thing happen. Running Xantrex XW6048, finding that certain clocks in the house are losing time. Not flashing out like in a power failure but randomly losing 10 minutes in a day. Anyone else have this?

Posted by Chris Potts on Oct 19, 2009 11:09 pm

#4 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: XW Auto Generator Start and Centurion 8kw Generator
Thanks Harold,

You don't happen to recall which of the three colours in that 2nd plug was the +12v? I am hoping that one is the Bat+ I am looking for? (For the AGS)

I picked up a small solar panel instead of going the trickle charger route... should work ok.

P.S. I think I am going to try using the 220 out of the XW6048 I have instead of a transformer and then relay to interupt one line... we shall see... fingers crossed... rubber boots on. ; )

Thanks again,
Chris

Posted by Chris Potts on Oct 16, 2009 09:17 am

#5 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: XW Auto Generator Start and Centurion 8kw Generator
Hi Harold,

Lack of technical info is what I am finding as well. I contacted Generac repeatedly but all they care about is telling me how using it off-grid nullifies their warranty, can't get a pin out diagram or anything from them. Xantrex provided just enough info to know it is possible but not enough to make the connection. Seems to be just that bit of 'here is exactly how I did it' info that we are missing.

It appears that I need to use the AGS to trigger a relay that interupts a 220V signal that I need to feed to N1 and N2 via a transformer of some description. But that doesn't give me enough into to figure out which one of the other 3 pins in the 2nd plug might be a bat+ run signal or what any of them are. Looks like with the info I have I could get it to start and stop but have zero feedback to the AGS?

Thanks
Chris

Thanks
Chris

Posted by Chris Potts on Oct 15, 2009 11:39 pm

#6 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: XW Auto Generator Start and Centurion 8kw Generator
Harold,
i would call Xantrex and just tell them you need the XWS configuration tool, tell them you are trying to use a 2 wire generator and need option 13 on the auto-start controller in order for it to work.

the wires are N1 and N2 off of the generator.
yellow and blue, it needs 240VAC.
breaking the 240VAC (only one leg) that will close the start relay on the generator.

Owen

Hello Owen, or Harold if you got it working.

I have the same 8Kw generac and although my AGS appears to already have mode 13 I would like to get some clarification on the wiring of the AGS to the generator. In the wiring junction box I see 3 conductor wires for the power, and two plugs. One with three wires and one with two wires. What wires from the AGS need to be connected to these and to which ones ?? Thank you very much.
Chris

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!