Carol Maggs's posts

Posted by Carol Maggs on Jun 27, 2009 04:13 pm

#1 -  Renewable Energy > RE General Discussion > Re: Photovoltaic advice please
Hello Jon,
Thanks for the comprehensive reply, it is really useful.
Our house will be on an island in Greece, (so NO McDonalds!) and it is in a place where it would be almost as expensive to put in mains electricity as it would be for a pv system. That means initial set up costs are fairly irrelevant. Although we would have solar water heating (when available) and gas cooking, I am afraid we would still need a large (and let's face it, rather ugly) pv set up for all our other needs.
The suppliers seem confident we would be ok with no other power source, but I always had my doubts. You have highlighted these doubts for me and since we are not technically minded people nor are we determined to 'go green', this project may not go ahead after all. It's a pity as I was starting to feel all virtuous! It had a lot of appeal, but we are moving there for an easy life, not one where we worry if the lights will work in the winter!
Again, I really appreciate your comments and advice. Good luck with your own progress!

Carol

Posted by Carol Maggs on Jun 27, 2009 06:38 am

#2 -  Renewable Energy > RE General Discussion > Photovoltaic advice please
I wonder if anyone is running their home using photovoltaic energy, off grid? We are having a house built and it seems a viable option to use pv instead of grid electricity, but we don't really know much about it. We have done some research but it seems most people use it to supplement their power. We would be dependant upon it all year. I know the supplier would give technical advice, but I'd really like to hear from anyone using it already, in general terms, for their opinion. Can you help?
Thanks,
Carol

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!