Swimming Pool Pump

1 Posts
Mar 25, 2014 10:14 am
Swimming Pool Pump

I have an existing Hayward Super II pool pump, 3/4 hp, 230 v and .55 KW (information from motor label). Can I run this pump without batteries and run it when the panels get sun ? I was thinking the start up of the motor may be an issue. I was thinking 3 250W panels ?

Thank you for any help

Dave

47 Posts
Nov 18, 2014 01:28 pm
Re: Swimming Pool Pump

That's an AC pump.  You would need to use the panels with a charge controller to charge a battery bank, then use an inverter to convert the DC power to AC for the pump.

You may be better off installing a grid-tied system that just makes the amount of power that the pump uses, therefore off-setting the power used by the pump, saving you money on your electric bill.

Amy
altE Store
Solar Queen

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!