Please critique my system

1 Posts
Jun 25, 2012 04:38 pm
Please critique my system

I would like to power 8 LED lights, 15 watts each. could someone please critique my system and tell me if the wiring is correct? Should I wire the panels in series or parallel, i've been looking at Siliken 245W panels.

http://imgur.com/eCkur

12 Posts
Jun 25, 2012 07:35 pm
Re: Please critique my system

How you wire your panels is going to depend somewhat on your choice of charge controller and voltage of the panels. I've found that wiring the panels in parallel to the controller is better, because it allows the full current of each panel to reach the controller, at the nominal input voltage of the controller, when the panel voltage is matched to the charge controller.

Having said that, there may be cases where the charge controller can operate at higher voltages and a series configuration will work. I don't want to sound like a know it all, but I'm pretty sure you want a parallel wiring configuration. It's also better to be in parallel if it's possible for one panel to go into shade while others have full sun.

The rest looks Ok to me. You'll probably want some fuses and a lightning arrestor. I have a fuse between my photovoltaics and my charge controller that limits to the amperage to that of the controller. I also have a 300A fuse between the battery bank and the inverter.

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!