Battery Problem

11 Posts
Feb 27, 2014 12:53 pm
Battery Problem

I have an off grid system here in Jamaica. Yesterday my system went south, the Charge Controller says that the Batteries are at 26.9-27.2 and says that they are floating but put a load on it and the inverter Faults and shuts down. I have (6) 200 watt Evergreen Panels, Outback CC, Outback2524 inverter and 8 215ah wired into 2 strings for 24 volt. Average use is 4.4 which I admit was more than I had expected so soon. Biggest thing is (6) batteries are @6.35 one is @7.64 and one is at 8.06. how can a 6 volt battery have more than 6.3 volts. I am able to run things off the panels but does anyone have any ideas

462 Posts
Mar 3, 2014 06:26 pm
Re: Battery Problem

Charles,  that inverter has a connection for a temperature sensor input, with available readout using a MATE, unforturately sold separately. Since you are in a warm climate it is possible that it is shutting down due to temperature. I would suggest getting a temperature reading and compare that to the hi/lo limits for the inverter. Hopefully those values can be found in the manual somewehere.

You could try hooking up the batteries and panels for twelve volts and switch the CC if possible and run some twelve volt DC loads directly off that to see if all other components are working correctly.

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!