Technical Discussion: Other

Have a technical RE question that doesn't fit in our other categories? Looking for some specific advice from others in the RE community? Ask it here!

topics

Subject Started by Replies

Air breeze wind gen.

I have an air breeze(200w) marine gen. to charge my 4-6v batteries but for some reason the air breeze is not charging the ba...
William Potts 3

temperature setting question

I have an old working solar panel hot water system. It is more than 20 yrs old on the house we bought in 07. There are two close...
James Mei 1

Do I need to charge a new battery before I install for a PV system?

Hello, I got new batteries, and if a I start charging with a solar panel it is not going to be charged full just after ...
Gergely Markolt 5

PV panel on wheelchair

I have a Hoveround wheelchair which is powered by 2 12V batteries. I have a 5 watt PV panel that I want to mount on the back of ...
charles Lyle 5

Required Solar Power Agricultural Water Pump

We are looking for a Solar Energy based solution for agricultural water pumping.   Our scenario and requirements a...
Omar Chaudhry 13

Pin assignment of DRI stacking interface cable for DR series

Hi, After a lightning strike I had troubles to get repaired my inverter DR2424 and had to buy a 2nd one. After finally some...
Dan Sy 2

Heliodyne DHW Closed Loop AC Powered System Question

Folks I have a quick question for you in regard to a Heliodyne AC closed loop system. Should I install a UPS electric backup sys...
Clay H 5

reynolds aluminum panels mixed with copper panels

I have just acquired 2 4 X 12 ft Reynolds panels and was thinking about adding them to my existing array of panels that are all ...
Mark Gaul 1

Wind Turbine amp draw?

I hooked up my amp gauge the other night when it was still and the meter was reading 00.1. It is a 2 amp digital meter so I took...
Max Schulte 1

Confusion about solar connections.

I have some Sharp 167 nd-u3 panels. I could use 2 more in my string. Can,t find any as they have been discontinued. I found some...
Victor Snodgrass 1

Showing voltage over disconnect breaker when off?

Shouldn't I be showing an "open" when measuring the voltage when the disconnect breaker is off?    I h...
Ann Byers 10

Solar Hot Water Panel Installation

I live in Michigan. Should I install 2 evacuated tube collectors, in series or parallel? Shouldn't I get hotter water from ...
Tony Ratcliffe 6

Questions about Siemen panels

Hi all, great site. I have two Siemens M75 48W panels wired in parallel. � Aimed directly at the center of our sol...
The other Michael B 20

Firewood vending- convert to solar

The machine vends prebundled firewood.Plugs into 110v outlet. It uses an electric motor (6.7 amps) that turns a screw drive to p...
John Laughlin 2

question about switch panel and fuses

Hi there, I am putting together a small 12V electrical system in my cabin. I am looking for advice on how to properly w...
Bob Christensen 7

Connector Confusion Don't want to mix up polarity

I'm confused. I am wiring two panels in series. I have the panels connected together however I understand I need to wire th...
Ann Byers 5

System requirements

I have an outdoor large item vending machine on it's  own trailer. It uses 110v ac,20 amp.I would like to convert ...
John Laughlin 7

Mixing pwm and mppt to same bank ok?

I have a MPPT charging a 12v bank and want to make sure its ok to add a pwm charge controller to the same bank. This is...
Keith Birchfield 6

Battery bank generator

Im want to build a small back-up 24 volt battery bank generator. I have a 125 amp, 24 volt electrodyne alternator, I want to tur...
Russell Rogers 2

Best racking solution for wooden shingles?

Any advice or reccomendations on a PV racking solution that would work well for a pitched roof with wooden (cedar) shingles? ...
James Hasselbeck 3

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!