Battery bank size

1 Posts
Jul 14, 2009 09:19 am
Battery bank size

Dear Mr.JC,

How are you? Hoping for the all well. This is Sandeep writing you for the first time. I calculated one Solar Energy System whereas total Watt Hours per day=37500 and backup power required is for 3 days. The battery bank capacity answer is 307913 watt hours, selecting battery voltage 24.

Here, I could not understand, how we reached at Answer 307913 Watt Hours assuming 50% discharge to the batteries?

So, here you are requested to make me understand step by step for my decision making.

Looking forward for your reply soon at my kicglobals @ aol.com too.

Thanks alot!

Sandeep

Jul 18, 2009 05:43 am
Re: Battery bank size

Argh! I couldn't help myself. I hate to be "buttinski." In my defense JC, Sandeep did write to an open community forum. This kinda correlates with my answer to Mr. Birchfeilds question, "More than 4 - 12 batteries in a bank?", in the sense that sacrafices must sometimes be made.

37.5 x 3 x 2 / 24 = 9,375

37.5 kWh's multiplied times 3 days, equals 112.5 kWh's multiplied times 2 (50% of capacity) equals 225 kWh's divided by 24 volts nominal, equals 9,375 amp hours of battery capacity.
If 48 volts nominal were considered that would be 4,687.5 amphours of battery capacity.

578 Posts
Jul 20, 2009 11:32 am
Re: Battery bank size

not sure if i am the jc

here are the factors we use

system efficiency (losses, ie inverter), depth of discharge, days of autonomy, temperature compensation.

depending on depth of discharge, system efficiency, and coolest anticipated battery bank temperature, that number seems reasonable, and perhaps on the lower side.

james
altE staff

AltE
"Making Renewable Do-able"
http://www.altEstore.com/

Tel: 877.878.4060 x107  or +1.978.562.5858 x107
Fax: 877.242.6718  or +1.978.562.5854

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!