solar power for fridge and chest freezer

1 Posts
Jul 21, 2003 12:41 pm
solar power for fridge and chest freezer

Are there any solar systems out there that I can use to power a refrigerator and a chest freezer. I need something to power just these two things that I'll be able to get up quickly.Thank you.

Mar 27, 2008 05:22 pm
Re: solar power for fridge and chest freezer

if yu get a small solar system for small devices or rv setup, it store in batteries.

See some here [Edit: Link to competing web site deleted. -Nick]
« Last Edit: Mar 31, 2008 05:22 pm by Nick Albright »

76 Posts
Mar 28, 2008 10:25 am

I just took my garage off-grid about a month ago.  I'm in mid-Missouri, where the weather changes in the blink of an eye.  My garage has a chest freezer which must always stay running, and I also power various tools and lights when I'm working out there.  The system is wired for 24v, and AC is powered by a Tripp-Lite 24vdc in 120vac out inverter/charger (so I can plug the thing into a gas generator to charge the batteries if I needed to).

4x Mitsu 125w 12v modules
1x Air-X 400w 24v wind generator
4x Trojan J185H 12v (215AH ea.)

184 Posts
Mar 29, 2008 08:02 pm

I use my off-grid system to power my refrigerator and freezer.  I started out with a basic system;  PV panels, charge controller, batteries, and inverter.  I wanted to automatically switch over to grid-power when battery voltage was low, so I added an automatic transfer switch and a voltage controlled switch.  It's working well, and I'm happy to be getting as much as I possibly can from my system without the need to constantly monitor it and manually switch the loads.  You can read more about my system here:

http://solarjohn.blogspot.com/2008/02/ive-automated-my-off-grid-pv-system.html

John

11 Posts
Apr 16, 2008 01:48 pm

Hi Zelly. The thing for me is, going energy efficient with appliances. I have a small fridge/freezer. It produces no CFCs and uses about 307kw/h a year. Very cheap to run, that might be the best way. I use my solar power for my LED lamps. Very efficient. It's a Haier HSPWNA03 model I think. Cost only about 35 bucks a year to operate. Very cool appliance. Energy efficiency helps being sustainable on green energies.

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!