Picking a installer

10 Posts
Dec 17, 2009 10:16 pm
Picking a installer

I advise everybody to please be very careful when choosing an installer. We recently had a very bad expierence with [Editor: Name Removed.]. We wanted to use a local installer and did not mind giving a guy a shot that was still fairly new in the business.
  It was not a hard install. I would have done it myself but my plate was very full and the bid was very low  (should have been my first clue).
  I had already installed a bergey XL1, outback inverter, mate and trojan battery bank. He had an easy job. After three months of listening to a bunch of BS about how 340 watts under clear blue skies at mid day and cool temps  from a 700 watt array was just fine and I just didnt understand how this solar stuff worked.
  Well I gave him amother chance after I tested each panel and had located the two that were not producing. All along I thought it was one, silly me. He called my test fradulent.
  So I spent 10 minutes rewiring the panels and we now produce twice the electricity. And this guy is still telling lies and making accusations.
« Last Edit: Feb 26, 2010 01:00 pm by Nick Albright »

26 Posts
Dec 18, 2009 03:41 pm
Re: Picking a installer

Mr Butcher;
 Sorry to here about the unfortunate incident.You may want to check out wire sizes,ground faults,Grounding and some other details if you have not already, hate to see something else down the line happen to you, from something else missed.

Luckily, I was fortunate to find this site - AltE - and had the time to do an installation.Systems are fairly simple ,its the few little things that can bite one way or another.

AltE was/is a great teacher to me and for that, I am grateful. Glad to here you have a solar power system and surely it, will bring you years of joy ,once it is all sorted out.Thanks for the warning.

Take care

10 Posts
Dec 20, 2009 09:34 am
Re: Picking a installer

Well it was a a valuble lesson  and in the end not to costly. Thank goodness that none of the panels were damaged during the installation. That was one of my big worries. Since all that [Editor: Name Removed] seemed to be worried about was covering his ass I was worried that he may have miswired and ruined a panel or two, that does not appear to be the case. Fortunately we have been recieving help from a person that really seems to know her stuff and is trying her best to help mitch out.
  Thankyou for the advice.
« Last Edit: Feb 26, 2010 01:00 pm by Nick Albright »

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!