Two Years of Solar Videos for You
You may be aware that we at altE have been making a lot of solar videos about renewable energy systems, gear and design on our YouTube channel these past two years. We’ve got viewers in 220 countries around the world. (If you know anyone in Tajikistan or The Gambia, send them a link, they haven’t found us yet).
altE has viewers around the world. We haven’t completed world domination. Yet.
Since we just released our 100th video since May of 2014, we thought we’d make a few suggestions for your viewing pleasure. We’ve organized them a few ways. So grab yourself a bag of popcorn, and binge watch some solar videos.
Our Most Popular Solar Videos so far…
These are our most viewed videos on solar power. In two years or less, they’ve all had over 10,000 views each. No, it’s not just our moms watching them in a loop. (Hi mom!)
- Monocrystalline vs. Polycrystalline Solar Panels – What’s the Difference?
- MPPT vs. PWM Charge Controllers
- What can I power with a 100W solar panel?
- Battery Bank Sizing: Off Grid Solar Power System Design – Step 2
- Solar Panels for Beginners: 60 cell vs 72 cell solar panels
Videos for Getting Started with Solar Systems
There is so much to learn when you are first looking into solar panels for sale, it can be hard to know where to start. Here’s my recommendation of some videos to get the basic knowledge needed to understand solar power systems.
- 6 Steps to Design a DIY Off Grid Solar Power System
- How much is solar?
- Using altE’s Grid Tie Solar Calculator
- 5 Solar Myths
- How Much Solar Do I Need For a 2000 SqFt. Home?
altE Interviews with leading Renewable Energy Manufacturers
Here at altE, we’ve been in the solar business a long time, making renewable do able since 1999. So we’ve formed very close relationships with the top manufacturers in the industry. We love it when they stop by the studio for a chat, or when we pay them a visit.
- Xantrex Product Line Overview Interview
- Interview with Bogart Engineering founder Ralph Hiesey
- Morningstar Corporation Company Overview at altE
- IronRidge Company Overview at altE Store
- SHURflo Brand (Pentair) Company Overview
- Pika Energy – Company overview and a look at the wind turbine nacelle
Videos that Get Into the Depths DIY Customers Want
Understanding each component of a solar system is critical, but then you need to see how it all goes together. Here’s some videos showing how to build your own DIY solar power system.
- A DIY Off-Grid Solar Power System Overview and Wiring
- How to wire solar panels in parallel with combiner box
- How to wire solar panels in series.
- Solar Kegerator
- Troubleshooting a Solar Charge Controller
Play Lists that Help You Learn from the Beginning How to Do Solar
Just like potato chips, you can’t eat just one. Here’s some playlists we put together to watch a series of videos in order. This steps you through the learning process so you can potentially design and install your own solar power system.
- Introduction to Solar Electric Components
- Solar Power Systems for Beginners
- Grid Tie Solar Power Design
- Off Grid Solar Power System Design
- Outdoor Demos
This should help you get started with learning more about solar panels, charge controllers, inverters, deep cycle batteries, wind turbines, and more. Don’t stop with this list, we’ve got plenty more where they came from, and more being added every week.
Do you have suggestions on videos on questions you would like answered regarding solar? If so, post your questions on altE’s Facebook page. We want to help going solar as easy as possible. Let us know what still remains a mystery in your mind about solar and we’ll get on it!