Technical Discussion: Other

Have a technical RE question that doesn't fit in our other categories? Looking for some specific advice from others in the RE community? Ask it here!

topics

Subject Started by Replies

Use swimming pool water to generate electricity

Is there any way I can use the flow of water from my swimming pool pump to generate electicity?  Possibly I could install a...
Bret Rogers 2

Help with the plan for my electric system on my boat

Hello, I'm customizing my boat and one of the main things I"m doing is installing a new 24V electrical system...
Brett Williams 6

Solar Panel Prices going up!

HiWhy are solar panels prices going up? I've read that it's due to raw material shortages!! I was expecting solar panels to beco...
Brian Ellul 8

Varistors or Surge Arrestors

HiWhat's the difference between Varistors and Surge Arrestors? It seems that both suppress high voltage spikes! Are both siutabl...
Brian Ellul 1

MPPT circuits

Hi  Where can I find a circuit of a 15amp MPPT controller?RegardsBrian
Brian Ellul 1

Calculating KWH

HiHow is the total average KWH for a day from solar panels calculated?I'm assuming... total panels power (4 x 80W) = 320W x no o...
Brian Ellul 7

Exeltech XP1100

HiI'm interested in purchasing the Exeltech XP1100 24v DC 230v AC inverter. Anyone has some experience to share before committin...
Brian Ellul 0

Air X

Anyone has got positive/negative experiences to share reharding the Air-X marine wind generator?RegardsBrian
Brian Ellul 0

newbie, battery sizing question

I've been reading the Photovoltaics-Design and Installation Manual to learn more about solar power.  One thing I don&#...
Brian P 3

newbie, example first system review

I'm looking at the cost of creating a solar system to providing light for a small barn.  I've done the calculations g...
Brian P 9

basic inverter wiring question

I've been looking more closely at some of the inverters available and how to go about wiring a system.  I've noti...
Brian P 5

small light and battery charge controller (SORLSR-6-5L) but FOR WIND??

I'm interested in using this device to charge agm or lead acid batteries from a small wind application.  Can the contr...
Brian Segers 2

Small wind installer near central Maine

Hi All, I'm looking to expand my PV system to a hybrid PV/wind system. I've purchased a an Air X wind turbine,...
Brian Shaban 3

outback mx-60

I am thinking of replacing my Solar Boost 50 with an Outback MX 60 so I can run 48v from my panels to my 12v bank rather then 24...
Brock Neverman 1

Xantrex C-series charge controllers - CM panel

I was wondering if anyone knows whether (in Diversion Load mode) the readings on the CM display - Amps, Watts and cumulative Amp...
Bruce Boatner 4

Failing PV panels

I found this issue on another site...wondering if anyone has some advice or insight about this issue: "In 2003 I h...
Bruce Friedman 4

Unirac

What is the primary difference between the Unirac Sunframe and SolarMount racking systems.  Why use one over the other. ...
Bruce Friedman 1

Solar DHW

Looking for input on solar flat plate vs evacuated tube collectors in New England...any info appreciated with regard to efficien...
Bruce Friedman 2

Voltage Controlled Switch & TC-2 Temp. Sensor.

I am putting together a 24 VDC system and have a 24v Temp. Controller that has a TC-2 Temp. Sensor connected to it. Where does t...
Bruce Smith 2

3 way switch

I have a 3 way light for my stairs. The power comes in at the switch. The light is in-between the 2 switches. I have followed th...
Bruce Smith 7

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!