Wanted, used deep cycle batteries in CT

18 Posts
May 12, 2010 03:28 pm
Wanted, used deep cycle batteries in CT

I am interested in batteries for my off grid system.  I have a 400w system and used 12 alpha cell batteries (100 ah each, 12 v) from the cable company but they are going bad.  What can you offer to me.  I am in CT.

1 Posts
May 14, 2010 11:15 pm
Re: Wanted, used deep cycle batteries in CT

Walmart selling 100A deep cycle battery around $90 each.

184 Posts
May 16, 2010 11:01 am

Have you tried Midstate in Bloomfield?  I would be nervous about buying used batteries.  I bought GC2's from a local (St. Louis) distributor.  Delivery was free, and they gave me credit for my dead batteries.  You can do an Internet search for battery distributors in your area, and compare prices and services.  Search for floor-scrubber or wheelchair batteries.  For me, GC2's gave me the most AH's for the money.  They were 6-volt types, so I had to create a series-parallel bank.  (Not a problem if you do the wiring right).  I haven't regretted my decision so far.

18 Posts
May 18, 2010 12:55 pm

What do you mean by GC2? 

351 Posts
May 18, 2010 03:13 pm

GC2 is a battery group number.
They are golf cart batteries with max dimensions of 10 3/8 Length x  7 3/16 Wide x 10 5/8 Height.
They fall somewhere in between 200AH and 300AH depending on specific model or mfg.

220 Posts
May 19, 2010 03:42 am

hey conrad,

bummer having to replace that battery bank..always a bit hesitant to recommend used batteries to anyone. i've made do with some used stuff that came my way as freebies, and it's always hit and miss with that option.

if there is a zero budget? might try sweet talking one of the local marinas into letting you check out some of the "cores" scheduled for return to the battery dealer, as some of the boat owners around here seem to shovel the money into their ships with the madness of Ahab. (how some of these guys ever earned any money is a mystery to me)

if you have some kind of budget to work with..lucky for us we (i'm in hartford county) are in fair shape with battery dealers in CT.

john mentioned midstate..we also have interstate battery that runs thru the state with on call pickup and delivery (in quantity's).. for a full service battery "builder" we have RAE battery in berlin..if you have a COSCO or SAMS card they have a T105 type battery in stock on a regular basis..wherever you get them, best to try for a set that came from the same lot number/same date.

cheers, dave

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!