can the breakers in a Midnite Solar MNPV6 DISCO be switched individually?

76 Posts
Aug 12, 2013 01:16 pm
can the breakers in a Midnite Solar MNPV6 DISCO be switched individually?

Summary:
Since installing the off-grid components in my garage, I've used a Midnite Solar MNPV6 to combine the PV modules into one output, which goes into my charge controller.  The charger controller then goes out to a high-amp distribution block.  Going to that same distribution block are my 400w Air-X, sets of batteries, and the inverter.  To increase safety, and to be able to shut off sets of batteries for maintenance, I'd like to replace the distribution block with the part mentioned in the thread title- a MNPV6 with the disconnect feature.

My questions: can the front lid be opened and individual breakers turned on and off, rather than throwing the big switch on the front, shutting off everything at once?
Can the lid be opened with the front switch in either on or off position without changing the state of the breakers?

I like the added safety of a BIG RED SWITCH that can instantly kill all power off to the inverter, and the added benefit of being able to shut off individual breakers, which would be groups of batteries.

Thanks!

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!