ac-coupling

1 Posts
Jan 13, 2015 09:42 pm
ac-coupling

This spring we'll begin the first steps of setting up our PV system.

Move the meter from the house to the yard, removing overhead lines and very old drop.   Bury from the new meter location to a newly build garage.   Put in a new 200A main breaker panel in the garage and treat the house as a subpanel (change in grounding).

Slightly longer term is installing an array either on the roof or co-located 2-axis tracker (still considering the snow).

In the meantime, before the Radian inverter &/or micro-inverters are setup, I'm pondering how to have all this electrical equipment installed properly and easily prepared for adding the PV steps, and integrate my current 7kw backup generator (which currently is not tied into my panel as I've avoided purchasing that hardware knowing that this was coming)

In addition to necessary load panels, if I installed
OUTBACK POWER PREWIRED GSLC 175A DISCONNECTS, AC COUPLED, 120/240VAC
before installing the Mate & Radian, can this  GSLC   tied together the hardware I do have so that I can have power in the house during this transition time?

That is, will the GSLC 'work' before the Radian is attached to it?

47 Posts
Jan 14, 2015 10:41 am
Re: ac-coupling

What a great project.

The Outback GSLS-Ac includes the following:
Ground bus bar, 500 Amp DC shunt assembly, neutral bus bar, AC bus bars, two 175A panel mount breakers, remote-operated circuit breaker
(ROCB), control relays, four 50A 120/240VAC double pole panel mount breakers, sliding bypass interlock, AC wiring, and enclosure mounting hardware

So it has some 50A AC breakers in there that can be used for the grid and a generator until the DC breakers are needed for the PV system. Just use the breakers you need for now, and then use the rest later.

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!