Sunsaver MPPT with RM-1 remote (Morningstar)

2 Posts
Jul 21, 2010 10:37 am
Sunsaver MPPT with RM-1 remote (Morningstar)

Just bought and installed both. All is well except that the RM-1 doesn't show the actual amperage (solar Current) delivered to the battery. Very disappointing!

I can read cumulative "battery Amp-hours (Ah)" and "battery watts V/kA)" but I don't really know what they mean.

Can anybody give a hand!

Richard

2 Posts
Aug 3, 2010 02:47 pm
Re: Sunsaver MPPT with RM-1 remote (Morningstar)

I e-mailed Morningstar and they informed me that Amp reading is now available with their latest software version. Everything can be found on their site. They don't support Mac users (me) and their adapter is serial. So, it'll take some time but one day I should be able to make it.

Richard     

220 Posts
Aug 5, 2010 04:06 am
Re: Sunsaver MPPT with RM-1 remote (Morningstar)

richard,

thank you for that update. it looks like the free version 7 software will be the ticket...when you get access to a pc that is.

also good to know you got a response from morningstar. not sure all the company's realise how important that is.

cheers, dave

hope it's ok for a brief hijack of your thread.

here is an ongoing rant for the google-bots and web crawlers to take home.

i have attempted to contact other company's without a response of any kind.

EDIT: this post continued on with the name of the company and my personal dissatisfaction with their customer service.

i have edited it out due to possible legal issues...
« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2010 01:41 am by david ames »

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!