Combining Systems

1 Posts
Jun 28, 2012 08:37 pm
Combining Systems

I've got a Xantrex 6048 selling power back to the grid at a point I'll refer to as  the  T.  The 6048 sends power in through the bottom of the T.
The left side of the T goes into the house and the right goes to the utility.
When the house doesn't need it, the utility takes it.
I'd like to add some micro-inverter/panels to the system by installing them on the garage roof.
The power from the micro-inverters would be attached to the left side of the T.
Will I have an anti-islanding problem with the two systems seeing each others power?
Are there other conflicts?

12 Posts
Jun 29, 2012 12:52 pm
Re: Combining Systems

The grid tied inverter is synchronized with the grid AC voltage. I would think you'd have a problem interfacing your micro-inverters unless you found some way to sync their output waveform with the grid.

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!