Canada - is it csa certified ?

7 Posts
Sep 17, 2012 12:06 pm
Canada - is it csa certified ?

I purchased 3 - 110 watt solar panels and a 300 watt grid intertie  inverter, thinking that I could plug them into my house, and "help" my hydro bill a bit. . .
found out that they are not csa certified, or some such thing,  so I cannot hook them to the grid. - not allowed.
So, I am thinking about setting up a small battery charging system, and running some items off grid - which will still "help" my hydro bill....
How much of the stuff on the Alt E store has a csa certification ?  I am looking for an inverter now -  around 2 kw - 12v.  I don't want to spend a week looking thru the entire web site, and find out in the end that I can't use any of it. . .

The real kicker of all this, is that I have "heard" that the powers that be, are thinking of bringing in yet another certification standard - probably to make it even harder to make your own power...

sorry if I sound a bit bitter, still getting over my panels being junk (can't use em)

7 Posts
Oct 7, 2012 07:34 pm
Re: Canada - is it csa certified ?

I am thinking of ordering a bogart engineering TM-2020 meter.

Keeping in mind the possiblility of an "electrical inspection", could you tell me what certification this unit has ? 

7 Posts
Oct 21, 2012 02:30 pm
Re: Canada - is it csa certified ?

Just an update.
The information I was given about not being able to connect non-csa certified panels to the grid is correct.  Not Certified = no grid intertie.
The panels also have to have a "Canadian Content" - although, I did not get this far in my inquiries, so cannot say how much has to be "Canadian".
As for the panels that I have here, the price of the project just went up, since I will have to set up a stand alone battery based system.
Its not all bad, since I will have some hydro when the grid goes down...

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!