xantrex charge controller display cover readings do not make sense

3 Posts
Oct 17, 2010 09:20 pm
xantrex charge controller display cover readings do not make sense

the battery voltage is jumping from 10.9 to 12.7 to 11.6 does not make sense is this controller faulty the voltage from my panels is all over the place to but that could be the way it is meant to be does any body now why there is no consistancy to the display readings thanks kenny.

462 Posts
Oct 18, 2010 04:26 pm
Re: xantrex charge controller display cover readings do not make sense

...check for loose grounds...or connections

3 Posts
Oct 18, 2010 08:06 pm

thanks for the sugestion i now the negative cables are tight because i simplified my battery bank down to a couple of batterys but im not sure how to earth ground the batterys or the charge cotroller its the c 60 model

462 Posts
Oct 18, 2010 11:01 pm

Just a simple ground lug on the inside case of the C60...you can get the manual here at Alt e...just go to the "buy" tab and then charge controllers....or go to learn and check out some setups..

3 Posts
Oct 20, 2010 09:02 pm

Thanks Tom i will work on grounding my system hopefully this makes a difference one more question is it ok to hook the negative on the battery into the earth ground.

462 Posts
Oct 20, 2010 10:50 pm

yup...either through the negative bus bar or directly..panels can be or should be grounded too...just use a screw on the frame......

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!