info needed for very small stand alone system

2 Posts
Nov 25, 2009 10:00 pm
info needed for very small stand alone system

I am wanting to have a bank of 4 12v 35ah batteries that I will charge about once a week.  I'm in LA area and according to this sight I get an average of 5.6 hours of sun a day. I will be drawing the bank down to 60% percent or so. I need to be able to fully charge the bank within 2 days time so within about 11 hours or so.

How to I go about calculating the panel size in watts that I need. I used the calculators here but I must be doing something wrong or not understanding the terminology to input correct data.

I don't know yet how to calculate watt hours so I will supply what I know. The led light bars I made pull about 130 ma of power and they are 12 volt bars. I want to run them for about 5 hours each and every night.  I was given 4 new 35 ah 12 volt batteries. I want to be able to recharge the battery bank within a time period of about 10 or so hours. If you need more info please let me know.

There really wont be a load per se. The battery bank will be disassembled and each battery will be used for a different need like using a small inverter to charge a cell phone, run a small radio etc. Along with the batteries I was given came a 2000 watt coleman inverter and 10 small 300 watt inverters. So not really having a constant load I guess what I'm really after is the panel size needed to charge my bank from 60 to 70 percent charge back up to full charge with the time period of 10 hours or so.

I have read a lot of information and have subscribed to home power mag yesterday but I really am so new so solar I really dont know what I am doing or how to calulate my needs yet.

thank you

Brad

« Last Edit: Nov 25, 2009 10:58 pm by Brad Wilson »

2 Posts
Nov 26, 2009 12:30 am
Re: info needed for very small stand alone system

never mind on this one. I figured out how to use the calculators

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!