Technical Discussion: Other

Have a technical RE question that doesn't fit in our other categories? Looking for some specific advice from others in the RE community? Ask it here!

topics

Subject Started by Replies

Charge Controller for Whisper 100 Wind Generator

I installed my Whisper 100 last fall and now the charge controller has gone haywire!  I have contacted Southwest Windpower and ...
Eric F 3

Battery bank size

Dear Mr.JC, How are you? Hoping for the all well. This is Sandeep writing you for the first time. I calculated one Sola...
Sandeep Kumar 2

More than 4 12v batteries in a Bank?

What prevents me from connecting more than 4 12v batteries, in one 12v bank? I currently have 4 12v, in a 12v bank, and...
Keith Birchfield 9

need help Will this work

Hi all.. a NEWBE here at AltE. I'm gathering  hardware required for a solar project for my RV. Looking for advice ...
big D Seymour 0

Problem with Trace C-60 charge controller.

Has anyone else every had a problem with the "Over-temperature protection for electronic circuitry" (Installation and ...
Thomas Allen Schmidt 4

Ground Mount system - How far can I place from inverter?

I'm new to PV but have done MUCH reading over the past couple years. I'm considering a system in the neighborhood ...
Mike Killin 3

Controller for operating loads both with solar and ordinary power

Hi all! Can I operate my loads by using both solar and grid power at a time? That means if my load require 500...
Tech Guy 9

Is charge controller available for 120V DC system?

Hi all, My system voltage for the Solar PV sytem is 120V. I chose this voltage because of the inverter which h...
Tech Guy 9

Upgrade Air-X demo unit to Air Breeze.

Just pick up an Air X Demo unit,no internals,just shell. I see there is an upgrade kit available on this site to upgrade an Air-...
Paul Smith 1

Combining Grid power and solar power

Hi, I want to install a solar PV system along with grid power such that when there is a deficit of solar energy, I has ...
Tech Guy 8

Homegrown solar power gable mount attic ventilation

I am reposting this in the correct forum topic. I watched the video of the gable fan install and it is very straightfor...
Todd Lyons 0

Battery bank weak after adding water to batteries

Hello, I have a bank of 6 4v Surrette deep-cycle batteries that have been online for about 1.5 years.  I recently ...
Samuel Klawitter 9

Need to know details on hooking up 17V panels

Salutations! I just recently purchased a bunch of old solar panels and am kinda confused on the system configuration. ...
Mike Nork 13

Hydrometer readings and saving or extending battery life

Hi, I have 24 12V Deep Cycle Marine Batteries strung into 24V, I have done multimeter readings both before and after equalizatio...
Paul S 5

Solar Water Heater Problem.

After about 10 years of not running due to the circulation pump being broken, I decided to replace it and get the system going a...
James Miles 2

MPPT Charge Controller Question

I currently have a Sunforce 30 amp charge controller and bought a Blue Sky 2000e 25 amp 12v mppt controller. After swapping out ...
Dean M 5

Help with Electrical component of turbine

Hey, I am working on a vertical axis water turbine for my thesis project, and I am running into some problems trying to...
Bob M 8

Deka 8G8D Batteries Float Time, Absorb Time, and Refloat voltage

I programmed my Outback MX60 Charge Controller for 24 volt Deka 8G8D batteries with no trouble.  I recently purchased an Ou...
James Coleman 2

Codes in MA about doing home brew hot water on the roof???

I have seen a considerable amount of discussion on some sites that I consider reputable, on how to home-build solar hot-water pa...
Arthur T 2

Feeding oil burner with SHW

Does anyone know if this is possible? Would the oil burner realize that the feed water entering the inlet is preheated? Would th...
Jeffrey Guevara 3

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!