Technical Discussion: Other

Have a technical RE question that doesn't fit in our other categories? Looking for some specific advice from others in the RE community? Ask it here!

topics

Subject Started by Replies

Solar DHW

Looking for input on solar flat plate vs evacuated tube collectors in New England...any info appreciated with regard to efficien...
Bruce Friedman 2

Modified sine Wave VS Pure Sine Wave Inverters.

I'm putting together an alarm system for my remote off-grid cabin and have found that I need a Pure Sine wave inverter to r...
Paul Smith 8

Failing PV panels

I found this issue on another site...wondering if anyone has some advice or insight about this issue: "In 2003 I h...
Bruce Friedman 4

Solar panel with Diode.

If I have a 12v solar panel and it has a built in blocking diode if I would buy a matching panel and wire it in series would I g...
Max Schulte 1

Battery charge life

I am new to RE but I have a problem that I would appreciate some insight on. I have a small 200-300 watt wind turbine hooked dir...
David Day 2

Battery failure on DC powered exhaust fans

Hello, I currently have two 24 volt, 50 watt exhaust fans operating 24 hours on wind/solar thru two sets of 12 volt (in seri...
Ron Hopp 5

Unirac

What is the primary difference between the Unirac Sunframe and SolarMount racking systems.  Why use one over the other. ...
Bruce Friedman 1

Can I tie these modules together? ES180 and SW100C

Are these two panels compatible? Evergreen ES180 RL/SL 180W 18V Solar Panel http://www.altestore.com/store/Solar-Pa...
Keith Birchfield 6

Pole Mounting - Use the Pole as Ground?

Can you use a steel ( 6 inch schedule 40 ), in 4 foot of concrete, as the system ground?
Keith Birchfield 5

Will 110V generator run a Shurflo 9325 pump?

I've had a new well dug to pump water to a .2ac pond (210,000 gal volumn).  The well recharges slowly, about 4gpm, so ...
Randy W 3

Equalizing a Bank of Batteries

What is the best way to equalize a battery bank?  I have some BAE solar batteries (12 VOLT)and they are 7 years ol...
Mike Zaborski 2

Hooking up an Inverter to a 110 Volt Breaker Panel

I have had a solar system that was functioning well for about 7 years at my cottage. It consisted of a solar panel, some batteri...
Mike Zaborski 20

DC Connectors for Battery/Component Boxes

I'm trying to find economical and weather-resistant panel-mount connectors for the side of the battery and component boxes ...
Ethan Pease 2

autotransformers

can i  install two autotransformers in parallell on   the same circuit if so what are the benefits ian
Ian Sealy 1

Air Breeze performance

Hello, I would like to know if 'Air Breeze 24 volt' is good in my location. Details as follows; Latitude 9.019...
Usman Kazaure Abdullahi 2

air conditioning systems whit solar panels

I`m looking information for mini-split or conditioning systems working whit solar panels and the dealer near California or Arizo...
Frank Gambale 0

Solar tube lights

How much HEAT comes down the tube along with the light? In addition to venting the room, does an exhaust fan kit help pull some ...
Bill Burgin 0

repairing solar panels

I have 5 Sanyo 180 watt, 24 volt panels.  I recently noticed a change in time to fully charge my batteries.  While che...
Ben Roberts 3

Diversion Load Issues

I own a Bergey XL.1 turbine rated at 1kW.  Bergey specs from their website indicate that a diversion load connected to thei...
Thomas Anderson 12

exhaust venting solar shed with 48v 5 inch fan

Hi,have sealed gel filled batteries(12) in a power shed and wanted to vent heat outside,wasn't happy with choices offered 1...
Eric Heise 5

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!