Solar Water System

7 Posts
Sep 15, 2006 06:31 am
Solar Water System

I am looking for help on a solar hot water system.  Most solar companies will not install them unless you want to buy pv panels.  I would like to locate the panels on a roof over the building but am not sure if is the best location.

Greg

462 Posts
Sep 28, 2006 04:26 pm
Re: Solar Water System

Greg, I can't understand why someone would want to sell you PV panels if you want solar hot water. So I guess you should avoid them. The roof should be a last resort when it comes to installing solar. Temperature can hinder performance, even for hot water panels. Roofs also make maintenence difficult and costly. Orientation is fixed. Snow and debris can cause damage. Roof replacements costs can double.....

6 Posts
Oct 2, 2006 12:42 pm
Re: Solar Water System

Bull@#$%, Ive been installing and servicing hot water panels for over twenty years! We have over 2800 hundred customers that are very well satified with there performance and low maintenance. Roof mount is very much the way to go. rarely do we have a leak in the roof do to solar panels, unless when one gets a new roof the roofing company doesnt call us to remove them and install them back on after the new roof is installed and they try to roof around them. The old roof is still left under the panels and leaks do appear then. Where are u located, we are in the Northern Va. area and if you have a family of 4 or more I highly recommend hot water solar. The more hot water u use the more it will save you. Most all of our systems have been working and saving customers money for over 20 years. Thats when the big tax break was and now the goverment has brung it back again this year for a 30% tax break and some states has followed with an additional 10% to 15% tax break. Let me know if you need more advice, you can email me at solartechmaxx @ yahoo.com
« Last Edit: Oct 2, 2006 01:23 pm by william hafer »

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!