life of batteries

1 Posts
Oct 1, 2001 01:04 am
life of batteries

I have question about the life of the batteries and which ones would give you the longest life.  I am thinking about doing solar and wind and am very curious could I run my home off one or the other for extended periods of time.  I want to be off the grid and I would not have a propane or gas backup source.  I am very serious about this so please if you could help me please e-mail so that I can get good info on what I would need to do this.  Thanks in advance for anyone that can help me.

1 Posts
Oct 2, 2001 12:37 am
Re: life of batteries

first off I suggest you get and use the one of the home power usage (analysis) work sheets from one of the dealer web sites.  work this up and see what you are currently using then obviously pare it down.  once you've done this you can get down to figuring just what you need.  an awful lot people use the T-105 golf cart batteries.  fair to good  battery but to get the most out of them you need to treat them rite. I've heard of people get
6-7 years out of them.  5 years is more practical. these are the cheaper end and believe me you can spend lots more for batteries.  mostly depends on what you want to spend or have to spend. what ever you do don't cut corners . it's going to take a small fortune to set yourself up.

39 Posts
May 30, 2002 08:58 am
Re: life of batteries

life of batteries depends on the amount of discharge the endure over the years. proper recharging should make your batteries last a lot longer. the trick is not to totally discharge them. Most controllers only allow a discharge down to 20% of the total battery output.

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!