can high powered DC blowers powered by solar?

6 Posts
Mar 10, 2009 08:24 am
can high powered DC blowers powered by solar?

Hi everyone
 I am planning to have an air blower of capacity 1500cmh.
That to using DC power which is directly generated using the solar panel. can any one help me in finding such type of air blower?

351 Posts
Mar 10, 2009 01:24 pm
Re: can high powered DC blowers powered by solar?

When you say, "directly generated using the solar panel", are you thinking of panels directly wired to the blower with no batteries ?  Or, is it with batteries ?

As far as the air blower, you did not give enough info for a direct response.  Depending what pressure you want that 1500 cmh to be at, will dramatically change the hp and electrical draw. At lower pressure (300mm H20) you can hit that figure with about 3 hp. At 1,000 mm H2O, you would need about 10hp.

I would suggest that you look at AC blowers that meet your application needs.  Then contact the manufacturer about substituting a DC motor for the AC motor. Once you have a better idea of the HP and electrical draw, it will make the AC or DC answer more evident.

This will of course, impact your other question about how much inverter you need, and possibly the size of the entire system.

6 Posts
Mar 11, 2009 12:52 am

Thanks for your information.

My idea is that if i use a DC blower i can avoid the usage of the inverter. Hence the losses can be reduced.

Also my requirement of DC blower is that it should intake air of 1500cmh. I dont know about the pressure.

I am doing a research on producing water from air by taking air and condensing the water present in that air at moderate humidity levels. So now u can suggest the DC blower i think so!

351 Posts
Mar 11, 2009 03:46 pm

Blowers are specified by their output, not the intake. You need to know both the cubic meters per minute (or hour) and the pressure, particularly if you are pushing this thru some sort of AC condenser.

I think you need to spell out what you are trying to do.  How much water are you attempting to produce, what is the typical humidity in percent, what is your budget, etc.

I have been down this path before.  If you are just trying to produce water, there are many less expensive ways to do it.  Even in extremely high humidity areas, you really need to have someone willing to pay for the AC to justify most of the cost. Justifying the cost of solar powered water condensing by itself, is extremely difficult.

6 Posts
Mar 11, 2009 11:51 pm

Thank you Mr. ken1

I feel free to explain my idea now.

My research is for getting water from air and there will be no changes in it.

Can u suggest any DC powered air blowers available with 1500cmh(pressure can be nominal).

Also if u know please suggest me a compressor for cooling the air with low DC power.

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!