Trace C40 Controller

1 Posts
Mar 26, 2007 11:30 am
Trace C40 Controller

Where may I locate a schematic for a Trace C40 Controller?  I have one and it is malfunctioning.  Xantrax will not send a schematic.
Thanks.

578 Posts
Mar 26, 2007 01:13 pm
Re: Trace C40 Controller

look in data sheets section on our site

http://store.altenergystore.com/Charge-Controllers/Solar-Charge-Controllers/Pwm-Type-Solar-Charge-Contollers/Xantrex-Solar-Charge-Controllers-Pwm/Xantrex-Trace-C40-40A12-48V-CHARGE-CONTROLLER/p2070/

or

http://www.xantrex.com/web/id/72/p/docs/pt/25/product.asp

james - Alt-E staff

AltE
"Making Renewable Do-able"
http://www.altEstore.com/

Tel: 877.878.4060 x107  or +1.978.562.5858 x107
Fax: 877.242.6718  or +1.978.562.5854

1 Posts
May 15, 2007 10:13 am

Hi Jack,

Did you find the schematic for the C40? I followed the links on the reply to your previous post but could not find the schematic!

I would be interested in schematic if you have managed to track one down. I got the same answer from Xantrax, although they did try ho help a little by giving me a brief pointer as to what a certain component did (Q16) which was shorted across base and collector.

I have now drawn out most of the board! Components and all (I hope) of the links on the back of the board and now have started on the front - what a task! I am blind, dizzy and wish that Xantrax could have made the job a little easier by just sending me a copy!!!!

Anyhow, if you have managed to find one, it will save me a few more hours of squinting, if not, do you want a copy of what I have done so far?

Nick

1 Posts
Aug 12, 2010 01:21 pm

If you have a schematic for the Trace C40 controller I sure would appreciate a copy.  I would like to fix mine at the component level and Xantrex won't give out the schematic.
Thanks in advance.
Ken Rott
rfg57 @ hotmail.com
Fax: 303-443-0740

PS: also need to repair Trace SW4520 Inverter.

28 Posts
Aug 12, 2010 01:40 pm

All,

I have a schematic for the C-Series charge controllers.  It's a hard copy, so I'll have to scan it so it can be emailed. You'll need a large format printer; at least 11 x 17. On letter size paper, it very hard to read.

I'm out of my lab until Monday.  If anyone wants one, respond on the forum or send an email to: info @ begreensolar.com. I can also offer a few troubleshooting tips. Be advised, however, that only those who have the skills and tools to work on PC boards should attempt repair.

John

Feb 2, 2011 04:46 pm
schematic for sw4024

does anyone has a schematic diagram for the boards for the trace sw4024? my unit was hit by lightning and i need to repair badly - no commercial power at home

1 Posts
Feb 23, 2011 04:42 pm

Hi,
I've come across two C40s that have the same problem. The PIC16C71 microcontroller has no  clock output pulse on pin #15. This pulse is required to generate the MOSFET driver voltage. If I hook a 9V battery to the MOSFET driver IC  supply pins, the charge controller works perfectly. But where do I get a programmed PIC16C71? Help any one?

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!