Solar Powered watering system

Dec 27, 2007 08:09 pm
Solar Powered watering system

I am new to this.  I am wanting to build a solar powered water system that pumps from a small pond and goes about a half a mile over some hills and I want it to water about 25 trees.  I don't want it to run all the time and for only about 2 hours a day for awhile and then only a few hours a day the rest of the week once the trees have set in.  I am wondering what I need to accomplish this any information will help. The area where this will be at get lots of suns it is in west Texas near El Paso.  The lake I feel needs to be a surface pump.  I am not around this area a lot so it needs to be asself maintaining as possible.  The water is murky so I am sure a filter system is needed.

9 Posts
Dec 28, 2007 12:05 pm
Re: Solar Powered watering system

WooHoo, 1/2 mile away?  Wow, I dont think my 5.5hp gas Honda trash pump would push water that far! I think I would be considering a well and a in well pump with a mppt pump control and timer.

462 Posts
Jan 3, 2008 12:13 pm
Re: Solar Powered watering system

What is the elevation between the pond and the field? It may be best to install a holding tank at or near the pond at an elevation that would provide a gravity feed to the field. One half mile would still be a lot of pipe, but still may be more affordable than a large pumping system. Small DC booster pumps, with dedicated PV and perhaps a flow switch, along the way may work out for the hilly areas.

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!