PV configuration

I have 10 (205 W) Kyocera PVs with the following parameters

Maximum Power               205W
Maximum System Voltage      1000V
Maximum Power Voltage       26.6V
Maximum Power Current       7.71A
Open Circuit Voltage (VOC)  33.2V
Short Circuit Current (ISC) 8.36A

I also have a FM-80 Outback FLEXmax Charge controller? I have a 24 VDC system. What would be the optimum configuration ( series/parallel) of the PVs ?

220 Posts
Jan 3, 2009 05:18 pm
Re: PV configuration

hi,

to use all 10 pv modules it looks like 5 strings of 2 at 52 volts.* with the fm-80 for a 24vdc nominal system. we are right on (over) the max output for that 80amp controller

48vdc would be nice but we may not get enough output from those modules.

*(5 parallel strings, each made up of 2 modules in series)

good luck

edit: we may end up with a better system just using 9 modules in 3 strings of 3 at 78vdc and a 48vdc nominal setup.
« Last Edit: Jan 3, 2009 05:42 pm by david ames »

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!