Keep garage cool

1 Posts
Jul 19, 2008 07:17 pm
Keep garage cool

I'm looking for an inexpensive way to keep my west facing garage cool enough in the summer for suitable food storage. I would really appreciate any info.  Thanks

Jul 20, 2008 02:12 am
Re: Keep garage cool

Wouldn't we all.
Seriously though, thats kind of a loaded request, don't you think?
For one thing nobody knows where in the world this garage is. I mean, is it in the SouthEast United States or England or is it in Siberia perhaps? How big is it? Whats its volume?
For another thing, what types of food are we talking about storing here? Canned, fresh eggs, live Snails? And for how long?
Oh! then there is the part about "inexpensively," thats the real kicker isn't it? I mean, take for example, $5.00 per watt for PV modules not installed. Thats expensive to me but everyone else would appear to be applauding this price.

At first I thought of Earth tubes, but then I thought, if I had to dig, why not just make a root cellar, then I can still park the motorcar in the garage. I could give you some links but then that would take the fun out of doing your own search about root cellars. Aww, what the heck. I just can't help myself.
http://www.seedsofknowledge.com/rootcellar.html

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!