How to calculate the inverter size for a 5kw system?

6 Posts
Mar 10, 2009 08:27 am
How to calculate the inverter size for a 5kw system?

I am planning to set up a 5KW solar PV stand alone system. how to select the size of inverter required for me?

Mar 16, 2009 11:15 am
Re: How to calculate the inverter size for a 5kw system?

I would have more questions than ansewers Rajesh Kumar.
If your battery banks is at 48 volts nominal and the PV array experiences up to 4 hours of equivalent full rated charge per day on aveage for the year, then your looking at the potential of somewhere in the vicinity of 400 amphours. If your battery bank is sized to stay in the top 20 % of full charge per 24 hour day/night cycle then you would have a 2000 amphours battery bank at 48 volts nominal.

Using the figure of 400 amphours daily though and assuming all loads are to be vac from the inverter then you should have somewhere in the vicinity of 20 kWh's total. If you utilize a 5,500 watt inverter at maximum potential it might run for about 3 hours. Or any variation of this. Such as 2,750 watts for about 6 hours and so on and so fourth,

As with most renewable energies that rely on the weather, your "mileage" may vary. Know what I mean?

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!