Geothermal from waterwells.

1 Posts
Dec 6, 2002 12:51 pm
Geothermal from waterwells.

There seems to to be no one interested in developing the geothermal potential possibilities of shallow  100'-500' wells. I think if a heat pump were used to extract heat from the 53 deg f wells the cost effectiveness of suppling 70 deg f water for subfloor radiant heat systems would be excellent.
Has anyone tried such a system?
Are there any books or papers on the subject anyone could refer me to please?
Thank you, Jim

39 Posts
Apr 8, 2003 11:07 am
Re: Geothermal from waterwells.

unfortunately, the amount of heat exchanger surface that you could insert in a well would not be sufficient to cover the needs of which you speak.

1 Posts
Aug 13, 2003 11:31 pm
Re: Geothermal from waterwells.

I heat and cool my whole house with a forced air geothermal heat pump system that uses a group of 4 wells ~200 feet deep each. This was more expensive than a vertical installation, but I didn't have the available yard space for the vertical installation. FLorida Heat Pump is the supplier my Heating and AC Contractor used. They are at http://www.fhp-mfg.com/
Dave

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!