Freetricity.com

5 Posts
Oct 22, 2008 10:11 pm
Re: Freetricity.com

Hay Ken:

Thanks for the concern and the referral to knowledgeable works, I will look into then.

Knowledge and learning are worth the money spent. You just never know when the next brilliant mind will awaken to a stimulus. 

I do understand about engineering limitations. You change one thing and it will affect all other parts of the system.  We will be careful and take proper safety precautions.  Actually, one of the modifications that has been suggested is a venturi type cone around to impeller to compress the air flow, increase the wind speed and depart greater energy to the blades. The shroud should add protection from blade failure as the wind speed increases.  It should also improve centering and tracking wind flows. That's one of the cool things about being a HS Teacher, Metal Shop is just down the hall.

I'm very excited about the project.

Keep the Ideas coming!   Thanks

Bob 

1 Posts
Oct 23, 2008 12:19 pm

Bob:

You need to revise your hopes downward.  With your wind speed class and a 4 foot class machine, I wouldn’t expect more than about 15kWh a month.  I feel that this should have been pointed out to you, so you could have made an informed decision.

Interesting statement Ken.

Are you saying that the Air X Air Breeze and the Whisper systems sold right here are not capable of producing the stated outputs?

351 Posts
Oct 23, 2008 07:31 pm

Richard:
Unless there is a new Whisper that I am not aware of, all those are bigger than the 4 foot class.

I took a brief glance at the Air X curve, and don't see a major contradiction. It would probably help me figure out what you are asking if you expand on that.

Or, tell me what you would expect from a Air X in a roof top mount in Shreveport. The Airport there, reports a 12 year average annual windspeed of 8.3 mph at 10 meters.

Ken

2 Posts
Oct 24, 2008 12:07 pm

Freetricity's WindMaster comes with three prop options. 4 foot (actually 50 inches), 6 foot and 8 foot diameters.

The Air X is 46".

2 Posts
Oct 24, 2008 12:23 pm

The Whisper has a seven foot prop.

The WindMaster has an 8 foot prop.

351 Posts
Oct 25, 2008 01:36 am

Douglas
I can only think of two types of people that would try to compare a Windmaster to both the AirX and the Whisper.
1) Someone who is totally ignorant of wind turbine design
2) A Freetricity distributor or employee
Which one (or both) are you ?

4 Posts
Oct 25, 2008 12:05 pm

Douglas
I can only think of two types of people that would try to compare a Windmaster to both the AirX and the Whisper.
1) Someone who is totally ignorant of wind turbine design
2) A Freetricity distributor or employee
Which one (or both) are you ?

This thread says way more about the Alternative Energy Store than it could ever possibly say about Freetricity and you Ken are one of the reasons why.

All the previous poster stated were the prop sizes (easily verifiable) of the different wind turbines and you let your own "ignorance" get the better of you by attacking not only his knowledge (which seems to be greater than yours) but whether he works for Freetricity (a common and misplaced theme during these 44 pages).

If the Alternative Energy Store hopes (and it obviously does) that this thread will make Freetricity look bad its (AES's) judgment is seriously flawed as just the opposite has happened!

When a new visitor (like me) comes to this site and clicks on the Freetricity link in the community (an attractive link as everyone wants freetricity) what they get is a very unattractive impression of the Alternative Energy Store!

I came here to buy solar panels but I wouldn't touch this place with a ten foot pole now.

« Last Edit: Oct 25, 2008 12:51 pm by Raymond Walker »

351 Posts
Oct 25, 2008 03:48 pm

Raymond (or whatever your name is)

A) Don't blame the AltE store for my comments. While I respect them, and I really appreciate their sponsorship of this forum, they are not responsible for my comments, in any way, shape, or form. My comments/opinions are mine, and mine alone.

B) You don't take a rotor that is sized for a 900W or 1kW machine and slap it on a 300-400W machine, nor vise-versa.  That is sort of like saying you can freely exchange engines between a Honda Civic and an F150, without ill effects in either vehicle.

I was very careful in my reply to Robert to keep it generic and in an attempt to avoid fanning the flames between Freetricity and AltE. Then I get "three" "new" posters questioning my statements, including one who is only interested in solar panels. That stretches credibility. On the slight chance that it is true, I apologize to the AltE store, for costing them the sale.

California publishes a list of Wind Turbine Mfg.s that qualify for the wind rebate.
http://www.consumerenergycenter.org/cgi-bin/eligible_smallwind.cgi
Don't you think it is a little peculiar that a California based company would not qualify their machine for the substantial rebates and incentives available in their home state ?
I do. And I would strongly recommend that a "newbie" not buy from an mfg that is not on this list.

Here is a two-year-old article on Fantasy turbines.
http://www.wind-works.org/articles/FantasyWindTurbines.html
People can judge for themselves how many “red flags” it raises.

Freetricity smells. It reminds me of snake oil.

4 Posts
Oct 25, 2008 05:19 pm

Raymond (or whatever your name is)

That stretches credibility. On the slight chance that it is true, I apologize to the AltE store, for costing them the sale.

Freetricity smells. It reminds me of snake oil.

Thank you for making my point for me! And I agree you are the best spokesperson for whatever your agenda might be.

4 Posts
Oct 25, 2008 05:53 pm

B) You don't take a rotor that is sized for a 900W or 1kW machine and slap it on a 300-400W machine, nor vise-versa. 

I'm sure you will post some sort of proof that that is indeed the case. From looking at their website I see different models, different voltages, etc.

I see nothing that supports your one generator any rotor claim. What I did see is they offer low, medium and high wind versions that I assume are related to the rotor choice.

And I also agree that letting people decide is the best choice. I personally think that the AES's store comes out on the short end of it.

4 Posts
Oct 25, 2008 06:23 pm

California publishes a list of Wind Turbine Mfg.s that qualify for the wind rebate.
http://www.consumerenergycenter.org/cgi-bin/eligible_smallwind.cgi

Don't you think it is a little peculiar that a California based company would not qualify their machine for the substantial rebates and incentives available in their home state ?

Yes! I think that is a fair question. I asked them why by clicking on their comments and questions link and received this reply:

"The WindMaster was introduced in late March. It went into production about 30 days later. The three versions, high wind, medium wind and low wind models were introduced in late June. The three rotor choices in early August.

All models were then sent out for testing by an engineering firm recommended by Metlabs. Those tests are complete and the results have been sent to several pertinent agency's including California's CEC.

We fully expect our products to be listed with the CEC (and other like agency's across the country) by Jan 1st when the following new credits are available,

Small wind energy property

* Maximum credit of $500 per half kilowatt, not to exceed $4,000. 
    * Systems must be placed in service from January 1, 2008, through December 31, 2016. 
    * In case of joint occupancy, the maximum qualifying costs that can be taken into account by all occupants for figuring the credit is $1,667 per half kilowatt, not to exceed $13,333. This does not apply to married individuals filing a joint return. The credit that may be claimed by each individual is proportional to the costs he or she paid. 
    * The home served by the system does not have to be the taxpayer’s principal residence.

Thank you for your interest in Freetricity"

That seems to make sense to me.

2 Posts
Nov 7, 2008 05:13 am

Hey Troy,

Where's today's "court" update? Aren't you going to tell all of your friends here what happened today?

Or did that 2 million dollar defamation suit that was slapped on you in court today take your breath away? Say it isn't so. Please tell us more!

And is it true that your little friend from Alabama has already decided to roll over and testify against you in that case?

Oh what a woven web you weave ....

FYI: AltE Store you're next!
« Last Edit: Nov 7, 2008 05:15 am by John Law »

2 Posts
Nov 7, 2008 05:22 am

Wow!

Even more to report. Apparently Troy's email's and phone records are being subpoenaed so as to fill in all those "does"...

What interesting tidbits will be found in those?

"you wanna dance you better be prepared to pay the fiddler"

351 Posts
Nov 8, 2008 07:49 am

The statement that "Raymond" posted may have made sense to him, but it pegged my BS-o-meter. So, I wrote to the CEC to check it out. They refered me to the 3rd party engineer that actually maintains the Approved Turbine list for them.

According to him, he has never received a request to add the Windmaster to the list. Nor, to the best of his recollection, he does not remember even speaking with anyone from that company.

Caveat Emptor.

33 Posts
Nov 8, 2008 05:35 pm

Court Update.

Well folks lace up your dancing shoes. I did indeed witness another round of the Freetricity shuffle otherwise known as the "Dance a Little Sidestep". For the third time I was ready to let the judge hear the facts and decide the case. Again however Carl came up with a way to delay and dodge. He did file a $2,084,000 limited civil suit against me. This action basically trumps the smaller cases and sets a new hearing date in May of 09. This is the same tactic that Carl has used in every aspect of our dealings. Delay for as long as possible. In the Vetets world of "bad publicity" is better than no publicity, every week he can delay is another week he can sell his wares.

1 Posts
Nov 9, 2008 04:53 pm

Well, I am the Alabama guy, and I'm here to tell you that I'm not testifying for Carl or Freetricity as stated above. What a ridiculous statement. I was not surprised that Carl found a way to have this case suspended. Troy and I both expected it. Of course, Freetricty suing the both of us can be filed under frivolous lawsuit. I do suspect this case will be dismissed before it ever comes to trial. Just another way for Carl to postpone the inevitable. Get this. He is suing me for breach of contract for not buying 12 windmills a month from him for the last 2 years. He delivered exactly 1 of the first 12 I paid for, so you can see how absurd this is. I spent over $8,000 thinking I was dealing with a honest business man with a workable product, and now I'm getting sued. Only in America. I'm sure he is just trying to egg us on here, so he can see if he can get some useful info out of us. I won't be expanding too much in the future except with my lawyers. Just wanted to state that I am in this for the long haul if that is what it takes. Carls little smiles and smirks to both Troy and I have really shown me what an unsavory character this guy really is. One more thing Carl. Why don't you act like a real man, and stop hiding behind these little made up characters on all these sites.

5 Posts
Dec 2, 2008 09:43 pm

Hi Folks:

I do offer apologies for that lateness of this report.

As I stated early last month (October 2008), I had ordered my first WindMaster.  At which time I promised to share my impressions.  I also promised to share photo’s, but I see no method to upload these.

Delivery was promised for the first week in November.  UPS delivered the package on Oct. 30, 2008, so it was actually a few days early. I got my students together that Saturday to open the shipping container.  Its size was 2 ft. X 3 ft. X 10 inches and I estimate the weight to be 35 pounds.

1) Upon opening the shipping container, it was noted that the battery charger was missing.
At noon that next Monday, I called Free Tricity in California and the woman I spoke with apologized to me and said she would have one shipped immediately. Before I left campus that afternoon, I had received an UPS Tracking Receipt in my email account.
The correct device arrived a few days later.

2) No Instructions
While neither myself or my students seemed to miss them. The assembly seems “Idiot Simple” and very straightforward.  However, it is customary to have instructions.

3) When I checked wiring continuity with my ‘Multi Meter”, we found that the circuit was open.  So we opened the cover to trace the wires. I found that the wires were simply wound around the stud, a lock washer was placed on top and tightened. As the lock washer compressed, it cut through one of the wires.
It was an easy fix, we just placed a flat washer in top of the wire, added the lock washer and tightened the nut. We also added a drop of #2 Loc-Tight as a safe guard to each connection.

We reassembled the entire unit and found no other problems.

I had purchased their tripod roof stand for mounting the turbine, but decided to not use it.  It did turn into a dandy “Test” Stand.  We set the unit in the back yard on our Test Stand to run some wind tests.  On this day we had a rather feeble 2 – 8 mph wind.  We set up an inexpensive anemometer and data recorder for a 24 hour test.  As expected, the low winds produced low out put readings on my Multi Meter.  However, when we helped by manually spinning the blades, we got very close to the rated out put of the device.

The students recommended mounting the turbine on a standard 1 ½ inch water pipe (21 foot long), which is what we did. The result is that the turbine is happily spinning about 6 feet above my garage.

I am eagerly await my first electric bill, which should arrive in a week or so.

Wind data from Nov. 1-2:
During that period, we had only 6.25 hours of any wind at all. The Max speed was 12.4 mph, with an average wind speed of 2.4 mph for that 24 hours.

November wind speed is up substantially, although no data was collected.

Rob Dekota
Shreveport, LA.
« Last Edit: Dec 2, 2008 09:48 pm by Robert Dekota »

33 Posts
Sep 14, 2009 02:05 pm

OK I know I have stripped the hide right off this poor dead horse. However I promised to report court happenings and the fact is that these post help keep Carl Vettes, Carl Vetts, Glenn Hunt, Linda Vettes, Freetricity, and now American Home Wind and Solar on the first page of the search engines so maybe anyone smart enough to do a little checking will not be taken in by this criminal.

In an effort to put off the court action I had filed against him, Carl trumped my case by filing one of his own in a higher court. He got exactly what he wanted. A big delay. This morning that all finally ended with Carl once again showing his true colors. The case he had filed was dismissed as he failed to show up in court for the second time. Yep despite all his ranting in here he just no showed. Of course it remains to be seen what he will do about the cross compliant that I filed. I am not sure what part of "I will never give up" he is having trouble with. Keep your eyes open Carl changed the name of his golf scam at least four times.

46 Posts
Sep 14, 2009 06:34 pm

Holie crapolie! Had a few spare minutes to spare, so I decided to check out this thread. I usually learn quite a bit from all the responses to all the questions. This occasion has been no exception!
Lesson # 1. Don't buy anything from a company run by someone who is a jerk. Irregardless to the quality of any of the products, the person representing the above mentioned company (whatever his name is today) is beyond rude and ridicules. I would never buy or recommend anything from this other company based solely on his attitude.
#2. All of the AltE employees involved in this (massive) thread have been beyond patient and gracious. How do you guys do it? Thanks for keeping it cool and being so selfless.
A two year long saga. Someone bury this poor, dead horse already!

33 Posts
May 17, 2010 04:03 pm

I keep thinking that I am not going to post any more on this but so many people email me that I feel like some people are still interested.

Carl Vettes, Linda Vettes, and their accomplice Morgan Chapman were arrested on 4/21/10 for fraud. Between them there were at least 94 felony counts and bail was set at $125000 for each. As best as I can tell their home is in forclosure and they have nothing much left. It seemed like they would plea guilty, however they have now plead Innocent to all charges so the games continue.

Carl also finally sued me for $1,084,000.00 in order to stall my small claims action against him. Well that case was dismissed and a default claim against him for $84000 has been entered. Not that he has anything to claim or pay with but it is there to follow him around for what is left of his life.

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!