Exeltech 1100w/24v XP VS Xantrex Prosine 1000w/24v

15 Posts
Jul 9, 2008 08:56 am
Exeltech 1100w/24v XP VS Xantrex Prosine 1000w/24v

Does anyone have any experience to report with these two inverters?  I am trying to decide which is a better inverter since cost and performance seems to be relatively similar.   It would be used for an off grid cabin.  Eventually, it will be hardwired.

I have read that the Exeltech is extremely reliable, but more difficult (physically) to hardwire.  I am leaning towards the Prosine because  it's no-load draw is much lower (1.5 watts vs 20 watts).   

Any opinions on these inverters?

578 Posts
Jul 9, 2008 11:36 am
Re: Exeltech 1100w/24v XP VS Xantrex Prosine 1000w/24v

i like them both.  as far as i know exeltech is an american company and their stuff is made in usa.  some folks buy them for that reason alone.  they are known for high quality and very smooth sine waves.  their tech support has been good when i called.  the exeltech is not a hardwire unit (it has plugs on the front) so if you plan to run your inverter to a main service panel and pull circuits, it may not be the right choice.

the xantrex is a nice unit that is popular with off grid and cabin folks. we keep those in stock generally.  the xantrex also has an integrated transfer relay i think, and the version we stock is intended for hardwire only on the ac and dc sides.  the dc side can accept 3/8 lugs so 2/0 battery cables can be used.

because you intend to hardwire, i would go with the prosine, but the exeltech is certainly not a bad inverter.

james
Alt-E staff

AltE
"Making Renewable Do-able"
http://www.altEstore.com/

Tel: 877.878.4060 x107  or +1.978.562.5858 x107
Fax: 877.242.6718  or +1.978.562.5854

15 Posts
Jul 9, 2008 12:17 pm

I've never seen the Exeltech in person, but in their manual they say it can also be AC hardwired to the strip under the rear cover.....   "Appliances / Loads may be hard wired to the rear terminal strip (shown in Appendix “C”), in addition to the loads plugged into the front outlets. The sum of the loads must not exceed the inverter output capability."    Has anyone done this? 

One other question about no load wattage.....do all of the Exeltech 1100's come pre-wired with the Low Idle Current Option?

184 Posts
Jul 9, 2008 12:30 pm

I have an Exeltech 1100/12v inverter and I love it, but I have no experience with the Xantrex Prosine.  I considered both inverters before I selected the Exeltech.  I chose the Exeltech because its made in the USA, has a little more power, and is less expensive than the Prosine.  

Other things to consider:

The Exeltech has a thermostatically controlled fan. In my application the fan seldom runs, and so the inverter is quiet.

The Exeltech has very good line and load regulation, with little distortion.  My TV has a streak-free picture, with no audio noise, since I started using the Exeltech.  

The Exeltech switches on very quickly, an important characteristic when using this inverter with a transfer switch.  The Prosine takes 2.5 seconds to transfer when using the power save setting.  If this is not a problem in your application, then it is a good feature.  Otherwise you might need to sacrifice higher no-load power drain for speed.  I believe the Exeltech uses 10 watts (no load) with an option, not 20.

A remote switch can be wired to a terminal strip on the rear of the Exeltech, but I don't believe it accepts AC wiring.

Hope this helps.

John

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!