Best tradeoff for panel placement on an RV

1 Posts
Aug 10, 2001 06:14 pm
Best tradeoff for panel placement on an RV

I just bought a BP 75W panel and Solar Boost 2000E controller for a small (22') trailer.  The battery is at the front.  Normally I'd run the PV panel connection through the refer vent to the controller.  But since the panel will be mounted near the front of the trailer, and the refrigerator is near the back, it seems to be a needless run of wire and opens the door for an excessive voltage drop.  The PV to controller run might be about 15-20 feet this way.

I'm thinking of drilling through the rubber roof to make this run about 3-4 feet instead.  But I wonder if I'm inviting trouble with the integrity of the rubber roof if I go this way.  Surely somebody must have a fitting for this installation.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

5 Posts
Jan 18, 2002 04:50 am
Re: Best tradeoff for panel placement on an RV

Buy a vent cap from the rv place and use it

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!